Obscurity of DC Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 27 (August 28 - September 3) --- STRANGE VISITOR!

Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 27 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

STRANGE VISITOR!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+

What we’ll be reading: Supergirl (2017) — Issues 15-20

Number of Issues: 6

Description from dc.fandom.com: Strange Visitor, real name Sharon Vance, is a being of pure energy. She was originally from Smallville, but gained her powers when a lightning strike merged her with the cosmic being Kismet. She has a loose association to the Superman Family.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. Why do you think the DEO sent Strange Visitor after Supergirl, even though they couldn’t fully control her?
  2. Why do you think Sharon was so upset to be alive again?
  3. How do you think Sharon saw past the fake memories given to her by the DEO?
  4. Why do you think Sharon stayed behind to help Cameron Chase, Agent Shay, and Lar-On fight the DEO?
  5. Why do you think the writers of the comic revived Strange Visitor of all characters?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

4 Likes

Strange Visitor kicks ass. I’m a fan of her Triangle Era debut, but I also quite enjoyed her Rebirth adventures as well.

1 Like

Starting this now - hope to burn through it tonight. Looking forward to learning about a character I had otherwise never heard of.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear your excitement! If you like Strange Visitor, you should check out her Wedgwood Museum page (when it’s up) to find other appearances.

Strange Visitor has some of the best DC art. :+1:

2 Likes

She really does!

1 Like

Issue #1:
I always like the idea of superheroes struggling with not doing enough to help people. That’s something I think I would struggle with if I ever got powers or lived in that world - how could you ever enjoy a moment of rest or relaxation knowing people were hurting or suffering around the world and you could do something about it. Kara sitting around in a class while people need help in her city, much less around the world, seems insane.

Dr. Bones is just flat out cool. He’s like Amanda Waller but with powers.

Issue #2
Just starting it but saw this (I love that DCUI leaves the ads for other DC books and the interviews with DC creators in the books) - I loved Dark Nights: Metal but don’t remember this at all. Suggestion for a future Obscure Book Club Weekly character!

1 Like

A few points:

1. Please put all suggestions in Reichuss Mansion
  2. She’s actually already on the list lol!
1 Like

Now on issue #4 of this run and a pet peeve has presented itself -
Screenshot 08-30-2022 21.41.57

Do we really need this introduction of the title character in every, single, issue!?!

That school dance was cursed from the start!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seeing a non-binary storyline in a book from five years ago surprised me. Good for DC to embrace that stuff ahead of the curve compared to the rest of society.

1 Like

That was a great aspect!

I’m five issues into this and…Strange Visitor is in this book less than Lee Serrano!

1 Like

Yeah but she’s pretty crucial to the story anyways

1 Like