Obscurity of DC Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 19 (June 12 - June 18) — BAT LASH!

Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 19 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

BAT LASH
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+

Number of Issues: 6

Description from dccomics.com: Will he save the West – or ruin it? Acclaimed Western novelist Peter Brandvold (Rogue Lawman, .45-Caliber Deathtrap) teams up with Bat Lash co-creator Sergio Aragones (Groo, MAD) to answer that question as BAT LASH begins! This 6-issue miniseries recounts the origin story of the most unusual cowboy of them all as young Bat Lash braves a corrupt sheriff and a greedy rancher just to woo a rancher’s lovely daughter. With interior art by the legendary John Severin (DESPERADOES) and beautiful covers by Walter Simonson, BAT LASH is a classic Western high adventure made fresh and exciting for today!

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. Do you enjoy the story’s taking place in the mid-1800s? Do you feel like it makes a difference? Explain.
  2. Did you like how the writers wrote each characters’ accent in their dialogue? Why or why not?
  3. Do you think Bat Lash wants to fight Brubaker? Explain.
  4. Do you like the quotes at the start of each issue? What do you think is the significance of each of them?
  5. Do you think Brubaker really loves Dominique? Explain.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

4 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:
Looking forward to it @Jurisdiction!

2 Likes

I sure am giddy to hear 't partner!

2 Likes
  1. Do you enjoy the story’s taking place in the mid-1800s? Do you feel like it makes a difference? Explain.
    Always love period pieces, and those that add to DC lore are even better.
  2. Did you like how the writers wrote each characters’ accent in their dialogue? Why or why not?
    Yes, it differentiated them from each other both mentally and physically.
  3. Do you think Bat Lash wants to fight Brubaker? Explain.
  4. Do you like the quotes at the start of each issue? What do you think is the significance of each of them?
    I did sort of set the stage for what was to come, not that I noticed, when I read it.
  5. Do you think Brubaker really loves Dominique? Explain.
    He believes he does, and perhaps does in the moment, but he loved vengeance or justice more.
1 Like