Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 19 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
Number of Issues: 6
Description from dccomics.com: Will he save the West – or ruin it? Acclaimed Western novelist Peter Brandvold (Rogue Lawman, .45-Caliber Deathtrap) teams up with Bat Lash co-creator Sergio Aragones (Groo, MAD) to answer that question as BAT LASH begins! This 6-issue miniseries recounts the origin story of the most unusual cowboy of them all as young Bat Lash braves a corrupt sheriff and a greedy rancher just to woo a rancher’s lovely daughter. With interior art by the legendary John Severin (DESPERADOES) and beautiful covers by Walter Simonson, BAT LASH is a classic Western high adventure made fresh and exciting for today!
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Do you enjoy the story’s taking place in the mid-1800s? Do you feel like it makes a difference? Explain.
- Did you like how the writers wrote each characters’ accent in their dialogue? Why or why not?
- Do you think Bat Lash wants to fight Brubaker? Explain.
- Do you like the quotes at the start of each issue? What do you think is the significance of each of them?
- Do you think Brubaker really loves Dominique? Explain.
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!