Obscurity of DC Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 18 (June 5-June 11) --- CAMELOT 3000 PART 2!

Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 18 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be continuing last week’s focus on…

CAMELOT 3000!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+

Number of Issues: 6 – Please only read issues 7-12 (Unless you didn’t read 1-6, which you should definitely check out!)

Description from dccomics.com: In the year 3000, an armada of destructive aliens has unleashed an all-out assault on Earth and is poised to conquer the planet. But when a young boy stumbles upon the crypt of King Arthur, the legendary monarch and the Knights of the Round Table are magically reincarnated. Together once again, King Arthur, Sir Lancelot, Merlin, and the rest of the classic knights take on the invading extraterrestrials and their wicked leader, Morgan Le Fay, the half-sister of Arthur. A mythical tale of honor and bravery, CAMELOT 3000 proves that some heroes are timeless.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. Why do you think King Arthur started calling Queen Guinevere by her reincarnated name of Captain Acton?
  2. Obviously, there is a very prevalent theme of betrayal in the final 6 issues of Camelot 3000, mostly because of love. If some of the characters’ loved ones weren’t reincarnated, do you think there would still be so much betrayal within the Knights of the Round Table?
  3. King Arthur had a very hard time overcoming the pain of the relationship between Queen Guinevere and Sir Lancelot. Do you think Kay’s way of helping King Arthur was the right way to handle things? Explain.
  4. Why do you think Sir Lancelot was chosen to be the new guardian of the Holy Grail?
  5. Who do you think is the true villain of the series: Morgan Le Fey or Modred? Explain.

Camelot 3000 was suggested by @Jay_Kay. If you want to suggest a series to focus on, that follows an obscure character, feel free to put your suggestion in the Reichuss Mansion.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

1 Like

Answering my own questions!

1. I think calling Guinevere “Queen” was too difficult for Arthur after her affair with Lancelot. I think Captain Acton made him feel as if she could still help in a military way, despite not being queen.
  2. I completely believe that the betrayal was inevitable. Even if it wouldn’t happen as much, it would definitely happen, especially with Tristan.
  3. I think Kay handled the situation horribly. Yes, it worked, but it was completely immoral and dangerous, and he could’ve gotten someone killed (or worse expelled — lmk if you got that reference).
  4. I think he was loyal and honorable, despite not showing it sometimes. He is a very strong and noble person, which is exactly what is needed to protect the Holy Grail.
  5. I think Modred is the true villain. Morgan Le Fey plotted everything, but Modred took Le Fey’s plans and upped the cruelty by like 20 notches. Modred even made herself invincible for the sole purpose of killing people!

3 Likes
  1. Why do you think King Arthur started calling Queen Guinevere by her reincarnated name of Captain Acton?
    maybe to make fun of her
  2. Obviously, there is a very prevalent theme of betrayal in the final 6 issues of Camelot 3000, mostly because of love. If some of the characters’ loved ones weren’t reincarnated, do you think there would still be so much betrayal within the Knights of the Round Table?
    Not as much, but all of these folks are deeply hurt and prone to lash out at others
  3. King Arthur had a very hard time overcoming the pain of the relationship between Queen Guinevere and Sir Lancelot. Do you think Kay’s way of helping King Arthur was the right way to handle things? Explain.
  • Well, all I say is you can’t argue with success, but the means don’t justify the end.*
  1. Why do you think Sir Lancelot was chosen to be the new guardian of the Holy Grail?
    He had forgiven himself for his sins in the past, and as such is the appropriate guardian.
  2. Who do you think is the true villain of the series: Morgan Le Fey or Modred? Explain.
  • I think together they are the true villain Morgan setting it up, and Mordred finishing it, so both have important roles.*
1 Like