Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 16 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
Series we’ll read: Billy Batson and the Magic of SHAZAM! — Please only read issues 5, 7, 8, 12, 19, and 20.
Number of Issues: 6
Character description from dc.fandom.com: Mister Atom is an evil radioactive robot and an enemy to Captain Marvel. The mad scientist Charles Langley created him to go on a destructive rampage, which he is very very good at doing. He has been a member of the Monster Society of Evil and the Secret Society of Super-Villains. Mister Atom was created by Otto Binder and C.C. Beck, first published by Fawcett Comics in Captain Marvel Adventures Issue 78. (1947). [SN from @Jurisdiction: In the story we’re focusing on, Mr. Atom’s origin is slightly different than how Fawcett Comics published it back in 1947.]
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Did you like Mr. Atom’s weakness (the off switch on his neck)? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Mr. Atom tries to cause so much damage?
- Did you like that Mr. Atom was mute? Why or why not?
- Do you think it was a smart idea for Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani (the writers of the series) to upgrade Mr. Atom like they did in issue 7? Why or why not?
- Why do you think magnetized metal hurts Mr. Atom more than non-magnetized metal?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!