Hola @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! The month of October will be the second of a 3-part Month of Obscurity. Welcome to the seventh - in the best MLG, gamer voice I can muster - MONTH OF OBSCURITY! For the month of October, we will be focusing on…
Age Suggestion: 17+
Number of Issues: 22 (Please only read issues 21-42. Unless, of course, you haven’t read 1-20 yet. Then, you should read those first.)
Description taken from dc.fandom.com: Tommy Monaghan is a Gotham City hitman with superpowers. During the Bloodlines event he was bitten by a parasite that unlocked his metahuman abilities, giving him telepathy and x-ray vision. Despite his high body count, he has a deep personal code of honor. Hitman was created by Garth Ennis and John McCrea, first appearing in The Demon (Volume 3) Annual #2. (1993)
With that out of the way, here are some discussion questions:
- If you were Tommy, would you stop killing, to make Tiegel happy? Why or why not?
- Why do you think a mercenary like Tommy had so much trouble watching a few innocent people get killed in Tommy’s Heroes?
- Issue 34 is an Eisner-winning issue of this series, containing the one and only Superman (Clark Kent). If Tommy hadn’t helped Clark, do you think he’d still be on decent terms with the superhero community? Explain.
- We finally learn Tommy’s origin story in issues 35 and 36. Do you think him being orphaned had anything to do with him becoming a mercenary? Explain.
- Throughout the series, Tommy and Ringo have been friendly, but also skeptical of each other. In issue 39, we find out Ringo is dating Tommy’s ex-girlfriend, Wendy. How do you think that will affect Tommy and Ringo’s relationship?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, Obscurity of DC is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!