Obscurity of DC Presents: Month of Obscurity, Month 11 (February) --- CHRISTOPHER KENT & THARA AK-VAR!

Heya @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to the eleventh - in the best MLG, gamer voice I can muster - MONTH OF OBSCURITY! For the month of February, we will be focusing on…

CHRISTOPHER KENT & THARA AK-VAR!!!
Age Suggestion: 12+

What We’ll Be Reading: Action Comics — Issues 875-889

Number of Issues: 15

Very brief description taken from dc.fandom.com: Lor-Zod is the son of General Zod, born in the Phantom Zone. However, he has chosen not to follow his father, instead becoming the new Nightwing. He was adopted by Lois and Clark as Christopher Kent.

With that out of the way, here are some discussion questions:

1. Why do you think Christopher and Thara decided to have their codenames match those of some members of the Batfamily?
  2. Why do you think Chris’s age accelerated in such abrupt spurts?
  3. Did you like Nightwing’s extra abilities on top of his Kryptonian abilities? Why or why not?
  4. Do you agree with Firebird that Nightwing should’ve killed Ursa? Why or why not?
  5. Did you prefer Nightwing or Flamebird? Why?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, Obscurity of DC is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

2 Likes

This was a great story I love their version of creation .

1 Like

1 Like

Oh wow! You’ve got them in print too! Super cool!!!

1 Like

yeah I really liked the whole new krypton idea. I like the love interest between the characters, we like a hawkman reincarnated kinda way. but really its the those few panels about the history. I studied mythology in college just for extra but I’ve always loved stories, ya know growing up watching xena and hercules and the tv odysseys’ movie along with the old stop motion stuff. Comics in general are interesting in that they are a modern American mythology almost in how they can reflect a societies current beliefs and values. Ramble ramble, I’m sure you know what I’m trying to get at I hate writing sorry. Didn’t care for the subway fight story plot part. sorry been awhile since I’ve read it.

1 Like

No worries! I love your excitement about this series! I can’t help loving the series even more since hearing your passion for it!

1 Like

You can do a lot with that plot. Think of taking the origin story with the new kryton and earth war stuff and mix in the infinite loop of RedSun with Braniac actually saving worlds bc krytonians actually create new multiverse each cycle and Clark is the anomaly. Sorry probably didn’t give it justice trying to explain it. maybe one day I will have the time to just animate it myself.

1 Like