Obscurity of DC Presents: Month of Obscurity, Month 10 (January) --- AQUABABY!

Heya @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to the tenth - in the best MLG, gamer voice I can muster - MONTH OF OBSCURITY! For the month of January, we will be focusing on…

AQUABABY!!!
Age Suggestion: 12+

What We’ll Be Reading: Aquaman (1966) — Issues 23-44

Number of Issues: 22

Very brief description taken from dc.fandom.com: Arthur Curry Jr. was born the son of the Atlantean King Aquaman, and his wife Mera.

With that out of the way, here are some discussion questions:

1. Despite not lasting very long, did you like Aquababy’s ability to create sea life? Why or why not?
  2. Why do you think the characters decided to call Arthur Curry Jr. “Aquababy” before actually giving him a name?
  3. Why do you think Mera brings Aquababy to battle with her?
  4. How did you feel about Aquababy’s death? Was it sad, unnecessary, or something else? Explain.
  5. Do you agree with Henry Boltinoff (the writer) that Aquababy is the newest (at that time), cutest offspring? Why or why not?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, Obscurity of DC is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

7 Likes

This should be fun to take a look at. If you don’t mind, I’m gonna share a video about the first issue/debut of Aquababy done by a really good comic YouTuber, Casually Comics:

5 Likes

I don’t mind at all! I love Casually Comics and I love Aquababy, so all is good lol