Obscurity of DC Presents: Blue Beetle LAL, Week 6 (Thoroughbreds Always Come Through/Smoking the Arson Ring)

OTRR_Blue_Beetle_Singles

Hey @ObscurityofDCClub and everyone else on this wonderful community! Welcome to another one of Obscurity of DC’s Listen-A-Longs! Each Sunday, for the next few weeks, we’ll be listening to a radio show from 1940 that features Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett). This week, we’ll follow the Blue Beetle as he investigates the arrest of long-shot jockey.

Where: On this very thread!

When: Saturday, October 8 at 10pm EST/7pm PST

How Long: Just 1 hour! There will be a 5-min break in the middle.

How to Listen: Just click either the youtube link or the google drive link, and you’ll start to hear the whole show.

Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdUm2qD4C3U
Google Drive File: Blue Beetle Radio Show: Week 6 (Thoroughbreds Always Come Through/Smoking the Arson Ring) - Google Drive

As always, I hope to see you all there, and I can’t wait to listen to this show with you!

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

7 Likes

I have added this to my calendar and will see you in here on Saturday!

3 Likes

it’s on my calandar. i might not show until the second half because I’m going to homecoming @ my friends school that night lol. but I look forward to it nonetheless

2 Likes

Yay! See you then!

2 Likes

Yay! I hope to see you there, but if not, have a great homecoming! Mine’s on Friday!

2 Likes

hell yea. hope you have a good time at yours- mine’s sure to be interesting :joy:

2 Likes

I think my grandma’s gonna listen in too! She doesn’t usually do stuff superhero-related so this is huge for me lol (not actually as big as I’m making it seem lol. It’s for dramatic effect!)

She doesn’t know who The Flash is :skull:

2 Likes

my grandma didn’t know that the joker was a bad guy until I told her last weekend

2 Likes

That’s classic!

2 Likes

Just over 1.5 hours until go time!

2 Likes

I think I’m going to actually remember this tonight! I’m bummed that I missed “The Sea Serpent,” though. That’s my favorite episode.

2 Likes

It was a great one! I’m excited for tonight’s also though! They sound great!

I will say my favorite was “Frame Up” thus far.

2 Likes

1 hour!

3 Likes

I’m tuning in for the first time!!

3 Likes

Yay!!! Always nice to have another Smallvillian in the unknown city Blue Beetle protects!

2 Likes

30 mins until go time!

3 Likes

:laughing: Yeah, I don’t know if they ever name the city in the radio show. In the Golden Age comics, they sometimes referred to the city by name, but it was never consistent. I remember that in one issue, it was called Centre City and then in another issue, interestingly enough, that changed to Central City…

1 Like

Let me get this downloaded and get a beverage. Talk to you a little before 7pm.

2 Likes

Alrighty!

1 Like

That’s so funny! Y’know what though? In a world of superpowers, aliens, mutations, and 10-year-old galactic space hunters (see the Doomed! read-a-long OODC hosted), that seems normal enough!

1 Like