Obscurity of DC/Harley's Crew Crossover to Give You: Obscure Book Club, Week 29 (September 11 - September 17) --- HARLEY SINN!

Hello @ObscurityofDCClub and @Harleys-Crew AND everyone else in our community! Welcome to the first ever Obscurity of DC/Harley’s Crew crossover!

For this week, we’ll be focusing on none other than…

HARLEY SINN!!!

Age Suggestion: 12+

Number of Issues: 6

What to read: Harley Quinn and Her Gang of Harleys!

Character description: Constance Brand, AKA Harley Sinn, is an enemy of Harley Quinn. She is very obsessive and will do anything to destroy Harley Quinn and her gang.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. Harley Sinn obviously wants to hurt Harley Quinn physically and psychologically. Despite hating Harley Quinn so much, why do you think Harley Sinn has copied so much of Harley Quinn’s character (such as her color scheme, sense of humor, and her craziness)?
  2. Why do you think Constance formed the Sinn-Dicate when she clearly could’ve kidnapped Harley Quinn and hurt the Gang of Harleys by herself?
  3. Why do you think Constance changed her codename from Harleen Sinette to Harley Sinn?
  4. Why do you think Harley Sinn killed the entirety of her own crew, when she wanted Harley Quinn to lead them?
  5. In issue 5, we get a lot of background information on Harley Sinn, especially in her origin story. After seeing the reasons behind her insanity, do you believe Constance Brand is truly evil, or just lost? Both? Neither? Explain.

When you’re done reading, feel free to play this crossword we made about it!

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

:diamonds:Hey there. Are you impetuous? Do you like mischief? Do you like Psychology and baseball bats? Does stuff just tend to mysteriously break when you’re around? Maybe you have a “thing” for rhymes, roller skates and redheads? If so, nice ta meet ya! This might be the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

7 Likes

Forgot to put this in, but it’s there now!

5 Likes

First, I have to give a shout out to Zen-Harley!! :diamonds:

We could go with just good old-fashioned jealousy, but they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and that applies here, I think. Harley is easily among the most “free spirited” and is absolutely a leader (:face_with_monocle: and a romantic) at heart, and she wants that too.

HS reminds me of Cheetah l a bit. Not someone who can handle being told no or not getting their way, and will go to any lengths necessary to prove themselves worthy of some form of love and acceptance. She is what happens when someone feels neglected and without value, but also feels entitled. I believe people can change if they want to, so while she does some evil things, I’d say she’s more lost than anything. :green_heart:

Here’s this if anyone wants to stop by!

6 Likes

Ps. :eyes: Psssssst, @MaxR! Over here! :wave: :smile: hi.

Also: I really enjoy this variant…

4 Likes

thanks! the crossword doesn’t look too bad. I’ll be back

3 Likes

I only felt confident in 6 answers. 1,2,8 across and 2, 3,4 down.

3 Likes

I’m posting an answer key later tonight

2 Likes

OMG I forgot to post the answer key! I’m doing it now!

2 Likes
4 Likes

The crossword was a great idea! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! @Razzzcat came up with the idea, I just actually put it together. Teamwork!

4 Likes

teamwork-superman

3 Likes

I haven’t read this in a while, but I thought the gang was fun and the story was good.

I’ll say it’s the same reason people cosplay as her. :harley_smilehqtas: Harley is badass.

Sinn rhymes with Quinn? Only Ivy calls her Harleen these days too, so it’s more current and recognizable, and that’s what she wants is more attention.

Maybe she thought it would impress someone, or was afraid they’d prefer or choose Harley over her. I’d choose Harley, because she’s more confident, but others might not. She seems the jealous type, like someone who can’t take rejection.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The literal plate! The best part is :heart_eyes: Harley looks good with muscles. She should have them more often given how athletic she is.

4 Likes