Obscurity of DC & DC Animated Club Present: A Tribute to Kevin Conroy - Batman: Mask of the Phantasm WAL

Hello @ObscurityofDCClub, @DCAnimatedClub, and the rest of the DC Community! Welcome to another watch-a-long! @Reaganfan78 and I have both planned this in an attempt to honor Batman himself, Kevin Conroy. Please, if you want to help celebrate Conroy’s work and legacy, scroll down for more info!

What we are watching: Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

MPAA Rating: PG

Synopsis from IMDb: Batman is wrongly implicated in a series of murders of mob bosses actually done by a new vigilante assassin.

Cast:

• Kevin Conroy — Batman/Bruce Wayne
  • Dana Delany — Andrea Beaumont
  • Stacy Keach — Carl Beaumont
  • Abe Vigoda — Salvatore Valestra
  • Dick Miller — Chuckie Sol
  • John P. Ryan — Buzz Bronski
  • Efrem Zimbalist Jr. — Alfred Pennyworth
  • Bob Hastings — Commissioner Gordon
  • Robert Costanzo — Detective Bullock
  • Mark Hamill — The Joker

When: Saturday, November 19 — 10:00 PM EST (7:00 PM PST)

Where: In our very own live chat!

Length of movie: 76 minutes (1h 16m)

Genres: Action, Adventure

Where to Watch: HBO Max

There are no discussion questions, but I hope we’ll all be talking about it while it’s going on, so it may be easier to use 2 devices.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

10 Likes

5 hours!

1 Like

Best Batman and arguably the best Batman movie ever. Wish I could make it tonight, but I will be here in spirit…

2 Likes

3 hours

1 Like

2 hours

1 Like

45 mins!

1 Like

30 mins

1 Like

15 mins

1 Like

1 Like

5 mins

1 Like

Hey @Jurisdiction, before the movie started after you tell us to hit play, did you see and get a nice tribute remembrance of Kevin Conroy? I thought that was so nice of HBO Max, I remember they did that with Bob Saget when I was watching Full House. :slightly_smiling_face:
By the way, that was a great watch along, and had alots of fun.

2 Likes

I did not. I got that when I watched the pilot of BTAS though. I wonder if it only pops up the first time you watch something Kevin Conroy was in?

2 Likes

It was my first time last night, that’d explain why I was a bit behind. That’s nice that they did it when you watch Batman The animated series.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes