NYCC 2019: What's Coming for DC Universe

I’d be more than happy if DCU got merged into HBO Max

13 Likes

Boy, Applejack sure is busy merging topics!

5 Likes

This is bullcrap.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not leaving DC Universe; it would take a LOT to get me to do that. But I’m a little concerned that WB/AT&T really don’t care about it when they’re reserving the best of the best of their content for their other streaming services.

HBOMax is getting a new Green Lantern series an awesome-sounding Strange Adventures anthology, while we’re getting what boils down to a couple new fan-themed reality shows. We’re also probably going to lose stuff like Watchmen and the Reeve Superman movies, while keeping the stuff the higher-ups don’t care about like the animated movies. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if the spotty access to the live-action content we’ve always had gets cut off entirely.

Just… ugh. I love this service, but it’s pretty clear we’re only going to exist for the niche shows that the general public doesn’t care about, while HBO gets the cool stuff like new live action shows, the existing live action movies, and the Arrowverse.

37 Likes

I wouldn’t. That would likely mean a steep price hike and the evaporation of the community feature.

I agree with everything you said. I’m here for the comics and shows like Titans and Doom Patrol. Dont really care for the new unscripted show stuff

8 Likes

Green Lantern will be an expensive show to produce, so it makes sense it would go to HBOMAX.

9 Likes

I have always said that this is becoming a digital comics service when HBO Max was announced. As long as the comic library is here, I pay for this. Period. I don’t care if they announce 52 new series on some other streaming service. Also as long as these forums are open, I am here.

29 Likes

That’s true. As little as I use the Community Service, it’s still a wonderful feature that separates this from every other streaming service.

This shoddy treatment from the higher-ups at AT&T is still hurtful, though.

10 Likes

I agree with @PrincessAmethyst, but it would be cool if these shows were on both platforms like DP2 will be.

10 Likes

Bingo. Ditto all the other DC content coming to HBO Max.

5 Likes

Arrowverse is going to be available on HBOMAX, including the 2018 and earlier stuff?

2 Likes

If we can get these shows here at the same time they’re released on Blu-Ray, then I’ll be fine with that. Otherwise, it’s a bit ridiculous for AT&T to be going out of their way to NOT support their DC service.

7 Likes

I found the perfect meme to describe my reaction.

Here it is:

Feel free to reply with yours. I’m going to go lie down now.

9 Likes

Y’know what? Disregard everything I say if they quietly drop HBO Max’s content on DCU after the HBO Max’s launch window fades away.

8 Likes

This service, as we know it, will not be here long. Many people like the live action series. Most people have hbo and this. It will be much cheaper to cancel hbo from cable provider as well as this service and have just hbo max.

Unfortunately they have canabolized this because it is no longer the "DC universe " place to get your dc hero fix.

10 Likes

Which is not inconceivable.

3 Likes

I know. I can only \S/.

The \S/ stands for hope.

6 Likes

Eh. Just keep feeding me comic books. I’ll be okay.

8 Likes

Would we all be saying that if they had just started with the digital comics library? If the media had never been here what would you have done, if they just had the comics? What would you have done? MU is roughly $9.99 a month. If you pay for that and are whining about this, I wanna say some harsh things to you a bit. I will hold my tongue though.

10 Likes

If Strange Adventures is going to be an anthology series, makes me wonder if they are just rebranding Bizarro TV, which is also an anthology series.

3 Likes