NYCC 2019: What's Coming for DC Universe

I’m afraid this article doesn’t really state anything concretely. It seems like the typical “exclusive” which is really an op-ed piece in disguise.

That being said @josephkellis24.39502, I’d like to acknowledge your efforts for looking for said article. A lot of people will just say what they say and don’t look for anything to help with their argument. While we may be on different sides of this issue, again I feel you deserve credit for doing what you did :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The clickbait article title on Facebook is quite different than the article’s actual title, let alone its content. And just for fun, here’s another article from the same site on the same day promoting DC Universe All Star Games:

3 Likes

Didnt have to look for it. It popped up on facebook because of all my comic book likes. This is the ONLY information those of us who are looking for information are getting.

1 Like

Well, there’s also the News section of the website…

https://www.dcuniverse.com/news

1 Like

In their defense its a poor mans tabletop game that Will Wheaton puts out. Again the level of maturity is laughable to me. You can be a comic fan and not act like you are 12.

Holy gatekeeping, Batman!

Anyway, this whole discussion is getting off topic. We know what’s coming for DC Universe. We even have a discussion of the content coming this month:

Ergo, this line of discussion is defunct and pointless.

Not gonna lie I can’t belive you posted that :rofl:. The lack of information on their is the exact reason this post was made in the first place. It has lots of news on conventions and what not, but zero on whats to come. I have continued to ask for some news of what will happen, but no one is able to give concrete, or heck semi-concrete news.

1 Like

Well this discuss was more of the future of dcu with the introduction of hbo max. Dcu all star games is NOT a show they should be proud of, its cool to kind of see… but there are teenagers putting out gameboard reviews with better production values. First game was from the 80’s and you have to dig deep to find it online. Why not make an episode about the dc deck builders (which I own all of). Or how about the new funkoverse dc game that just came out (I also own). That way you promote a game your viewers can play, and promote your own product. Also so they are digitizing old comics… but if you already own them then it means nothing. Again absolutely no real news for what is to come. If anything your post proved the validity of my point.

“I don’t like what’s coming” is not the same thing as “I don’t know what’s coming.”

And again, this thread is way past its sell-by date. We have more up-to-date threads in the Watchtower.

2 Likes

A board game show and old comics digitized. Will dcu continue? I paid for a year subscription, if it fails and hbo max starts will I be able to transfer? They have listed shows that will come out but no dates. When the dcu first came out we had over a year of shows release dates posted. Yes some of it changed dates, but atleast we had an idea of what was going on.

1 Like

Once more, if you only care about the streaming fictional shows, then that’s on you. There’s plenty of other content for the rest of us in the meantime.

3 Likes

Earnest question… have you never watched and of the old shows, or read any of the comics? I am done debating this. But really earnestly asking.

Also… wheres the sweepstake stuff? Used to be under news?

I’ve seen and read plenty of them, but that doesn’t mean that I’ve seen every last one, and no one around here has read every last DC comic digitized on this site. Besides, that’s where the community events come in, regardless of whether or not you’ve viewed the media before.

• You can talk about the early issues of Infinity Inc. with the JSA Book Club!

• You can view the 2nd episode of Wonder Woman live with fellow fans next Sunday!

• You can try your hand at drawing Robin with the DC Fan Art Club!

Those are just a few samples of the regular activities going on here.

It’s still there:

3 Likes

I’d like to field this one, if I may?

In terms of the old shows, I watch them a lot. There are live action shows like Lois and Clark or the 90’s Flash where, because they’re complete, I can run through the entire series. The Adventures of Superboy is a show that, for a while, you didn’t have access to unless you wanted to pay for bootlegs at conventions. I missed out when they came to DVD, but here I can watch the whole show in it’s entirety. And it looks amazing.

If we’re talking animated series, the selection here is wonderful. Yes we’ll go to Batman:The Animated Series (which is in HD, I should add) but then there’s things like Legion of Superheroes or some of the old filmation stuff. It’s interesting to see where superhero cartoons started from and where they are now.

Similarly with the comics, I’m reading a lot of older stuff because it’s easier to get access to. Some really old stuff like the golden or silver age can be read via-reprints in collections, but that’s expensive. With things like the 80’s espionage titles which hadn’t been collected in trade paperback, I can read them here. Over the last year we’ve gotten a wealth of comics digitized. I’m going through comics both old and new.

3 Likes

Yeah. How cool is it that we got Nathaniel Dusk on here? We get to enjoy trying out stories that we either missed the first time around or no longer have sitting in our longboxes without having to drop the money to buy it on ComiXology. (A month’s subscription here is cheaper than buying the aforementioned Nathaniel Dusk 4-issue miniseries, for instance.)

1 Like

I just saw Superman: Red Son and I would like to know why it wasn’t on DC Universe ??? I thought we get it first before anybody else ?

2 Likes

I think it’s like netflix, they rotate stuff.

As per the announcement in October in the Watchtower forums, we will now be getting the animated movies 90 days after the blu-ray release.

5 Likes

If we are being honest, I think ‘fan engagement’ implies them literally asking us what we want. Not saying they are wrong, but I understand @robbywoo1.69881’s point of view.

Glad you confirmed some things for me. Rumors of Stargirl on CW were freaking me out.

I agree, companies have the right to say those answers.

I personally wish that DCU would get absorbed into something bigger. If I am being entirely honset, I secretly wish Disney would take over DC. I think that they would have the brains to keep comics as they are, and they would seek to improve DC on screen.

TV is doing fine, but we literally just got another Batman reboot. I am fine with no continuity, but at least branch out. Give us Sgt. Rock, Ambush Bug, Kamandi, Red Hood, etc. I feel like Bat and Super are being capitalized on too much.

(Fine, they are trying. But BOP and Joker aren’t that far from Joker, and JL is mainstream enough to not count.)

1 Like