November's Community Member of the Month: DC89!

Today marks the first day of November, which means it’s time to introduce the newest Community Member of the Month!

Say hello to @DC89!

What originally got you into DC Comics?

Watching Batman (1989) in the theater the night it premiered was a life changer as far as my entertainment content intake was concerned. The next day I made my very first visit to a comic shop and from that point on I knew that I was a DC fan for life.

Who is your favorite DC character, and why?

BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Barbara Gordon/Batgirl is absolute number one in my heart. Back in 1989 when I visited that LCS I saw the Batgirl Special up on the wall behind the cash register. I bought the comic and was immediately taken with BG as a character. In that story I saw the embodiment of undaunted tenacity, fearless resolve, and a person who rises back up every time BG fell and I knew that I had found not only my most fave DC character but also my most fave character of all time in the world of entertainment. Yay BG!

What books are you currently reading?

I just finished Catwoman: Lonely City- utterly compelling work by Douglas Chiang here. Just sooo good. Also just finished up Batman: The Knight. Fantastic storytelling by Chip Zdarsky coupled with simply breathtaking artwork by Carmine Di Giandomenico- loved it! As far as monthly titles go my regulars are Batgirls. World’s Finest, Harley Quinn Animated Series: Legion Of Bats, Titans United, and I’ve been reading a bit of Deathstroke Inc (his updated origin story is intriguing).

Are you watching any DC movies or shows?

Recently finished season 3 of Harley Quinn: The Animated Series on HBO Max and now I’m currently watching Stargirl and Pennyworth (season three). Am also always pressing that play button Teen Titans Go!- so much fun there. As far as the classics go my faves are still Batman: The Animated Series, Teen Titans, and The Batman. Really looking forward to season four of both Titans and Doom Patrol coming up later this year as well.

What are you most looking forward to within the DC universe?

As an avid toy collector the new action figure lineups for the DC Multiverse/McFarlane lines look very cool. I’m also really looking forward to seeing which direction James Gunn and Peter Safran are going to take the DC Extended Universe in. Really hoping to see Poison Ivy finally make her movies side live action appearance with Margot Robbie’s Harley. Yay!

What books would you recommend to the general DC Community?

• Detective Comics #359 (Barbara Gordon’s very first appearance)
  • Batgirl Special (1988)
  • Batgirl: Year One
  • Birds Of Prey (volumes one, two, and three)
  • Batgirls
  • Batman: The Long Halloween (1996)
  • The New Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (1984)
  • Starfire (series, 2015)
  • Raven: Daughter Of Darkness (2018)
  • Harleen (2019)
  • The entirety of Grant Morrison’s brilliant run on Doom Patrol (1989)

Congrats to November’s Community Member of the Month: @DC89! :clap:

70 Likes

Congrats @DC89! You’re so kind and absolutely deserve it! :00_batgirl1:

30 Likes

Well deserved! Outside of everything else, DC89 is one of the only members of our community to receive over 100,000+ likes!

We appreciate you and everything you do :slight_smile:

38 Likes

This is definitely well, well deserved! I always like seeing everything you bring to the Community. It wouldn’t be the same at all without you. :smiley:

30 Likes

I was wondering when @DC89 would be Member of the Month. It was inevitable.

@DC89 you are one of the nicest, most accepting people I know, and it has been an honor to be able to call myself your friend over the past few year. Your Batgirl gifs always make me smile, and when I see that you laugh at my jokes, I smile even more. You completely deserve this!

Also, because it’s @DC89:

218247c4a2bb3ccb59a95af65561accf
1300433dfd62650cc144a7f0b5a00479
ac4cad2aeee00dca92f57e4df9ecc644
AD8515E8-F91B-470B-94EF-C940136FD12E
bg2
tumblr_o52avpy4iZ1qd2kxpo2_250

32 Likes

Congrats @DC89! Love your picks!

27 Likes

I was so hoping @DC89 would get recognized and it’s finally happened! Congrats, @DC89 !!!

26 Likes

Yes! Congratulation @DC89! You totally deserve it! I’m really happy for you, love your excitement, you’re always seem happy and it’s always great to have you here talking about many different topic from Batman 1989 to Super Heroes Girls to Star Trek: Lower Deck.
Can’t wait to read your comic picks. :smiley:

:dc:89 :00_batgirl:

26 Likes

Congratulations @DC89 !! A well deserved honor indeed!!

26 Likes

Congratulations @DC89!

26 Likes

Perfect choice for member of the month! @DC89 has always been fun, supportive, and just a pleasure to have around.

Actual footage of @DC89 jumping around on the forums:

Congrats to our very own BG BG BG!!! :00_batgirl: :grin:

29 Likes

Yay lovely @DC89! :hugs: :purple_heart: So well deserved :face_holding_back_tears:

27 Likes

Congratulations, @DC89! This is very well deserved and I hope you enjoy having the spotlight for all of November!

26 Likes

Congratulations, @DC89! You so totally deserve this! I hope you don’t mind me saying so, but I’ve always thought of you as one of the Sweethearts of the DC Community.

26 Likes

Congratulations!

23 Likes

Too much sugar for Babs!

20 Likes

Congratulations @DC89 !!!

23 Likes

Congratulations @DC89 and thanks for sharing your fav DC stuff with us too!

24 Likes

Congrats @DC89 , a well deserved honor.

23 Likes

Congratulations @DC89! :partying_face: Very well deserved and your picks are excellent.

Does this mean we can ask for your autograph now? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9da558a6e82f8f485be4830ca6f6dd49

24 Likes