#notmybatman

People said the same thing about Affleck…yet here we are wishing he would come back.

3 Likes

The hate does us no favors. He is cast, even if you don’t like him at least be open minded and supportive

3 Likes

Seriously…are we here again?? People, how many times do we have to go through this? Why is it every time someone gets cast in a role, particularly Batman we have to be subjected to someone stomping their feet in a tantrum complaining about something they haven’t seen yet? Seriously… stop! Wait to see how it turns out. It might be good, it might be bad, but we won’t know how Pattinson’s Batman is until we give it a try and see it. So do us all a favor and wait, relax and give it a chance. Keaton, Ledger and Gadot proved all this nonsense wrong in the past and you know why that is? Because at the end of the day their performances silenced the naysayers who were going off little information. We all should’ve learned from those past experiences. It’s obvious some of us haven’t learned.

6 Likes

I was the first person to shout WTF when I heard about affleck, and he killed it. He was my all time favorite Batman. So that’s taught me to hold my tongue until I see more. He’s gonna need to bulk up big time and need an awesome suit if those happen it’s gonna come down to how he plays Batman.

8 Likes

As we haven’t even seen what his Batman is going to be like I’m going to give him the benefit of a doubt. They could have cast the best actors in the world for the Twilight movies and they still would have stunk because the source material in itself was awful. An actor can only do so much with bad material to work with so I would ignore his work on that franchise and maybe see what other work he’s done before discounting him as Batman.

3 Likes

Robert Pattinson is a phenomenal actor. Take a look at his more recent body of work. That dude has the chops.

4 Likes

My opinion on his casting has nothing to do with his acting capability, it’s the visual aesthetic. Maybe if he was cast as the CW version of Batman I could see it, or a direct follow up to Gotham, those versions he could maybe pull off, but I just don’t see him as The Batman, not even as Bruce Wayne. The Titans version of Batman is better than any version of Batman he will ever be, that’s just my opinion…

Guys we should atleast give Robert a chance. Anyone is a step up from Affleck. I personally want Bale back.

1 Like

I experimented with photoshop, giving him a Batman makeover, and I think it might change your minds (might have to enlarge to see it)

1 Like

All the “give him a chance” comments aren’t the issue. It is a bad career decision for him and really bad marketing for WB. Sure, maybe he’s the next Heath and Batman wins an Oscar. But I have nothing to look forward to about this project until after reviews are in. No preview for the Twilight Night will draw me in. No pre ticket sales. This will be the first time I can’t see Batman on opening night. And really, aside from his “Good Times” movie, Robert has resting Dumb face. It’s just bad casting no matter what.

1 Like

How is playing one of the most well known fictional characters in history a bad career decision for Robert Pattinson?

He’s probably tired of doing independent movies and wants to be in a movie that people will see.

1 Like

Let’s not forget that Kaanu Reeves was the lead of Matrix.
And who expected that to work?

1 Like

People were upset when RDJ was cast as Iron Man too.

“Charlie Chaplin is not Iron Man!”

1 Like

RDJ, Affleck, Gal Gadot, I railed against all of these casting decisions when announced. I was 100% wrong on all of them and have learned my lesson.

The decision doesn’t add to any kind of excitement about the movie for me but I’m just gonna let the powers that be do their thing and see what happens.

2 Likes

I had zero interest in seeing a Joker movie. Then I see the producer, the actors and finally the first trailer. Now I cannot wait to see it

2 Likes

Casting directors do a pretty decent job of casting actors in all these roles. They work with the writers, director and producers to hire actors who fit the role that has been created within a particular story. Since its their job, I trust them to do it better than I (being nothing more than a super fan) could ever hope to accomplish.

1 Like

I could probably post 100,000+ words of so called experts deriding the choice of Heath Ledger as the Joker and how brutally bad he looked in promo shots. As a fan, I’m thrilled they went with their expert and professional casting, ignoring all the so-called experts.

2 Likes