Not Another Swamp Thing Thread?

I don’t understand it either. There is more than just Swamp Thing on this service. I do agree that WB should be more open about their plans, and I would like for Swamp Thing to be a long-running show. But the moaning and complaining is getting kind of ridiculous

Swamp thing was the only reason I signed up for this service. So I will be ending my subscription as soon as season one is over. What I don’t understand is why you’re so concerned with other peoples’ reasonings.

2 Likes

@steaknotato.82426 I don’t understand why you subscribed just for one show. I mean you’re allowed to spend your money however you want, but it makes no sense to me to subscribe to a service just for one thing.

1 Like

@AnimalPerson: In cases where there is no clarification of what the plans are for a show I tend to assume it gets one season until I’m told otherwise not that there will lots of seasons of it to enjoy. I certainly would not have based whether or not to sub a streaming service on the assumption that a particular show that just started would have a second season. Maybe I’m in the minority on that but I have to admit it prevents my getting up in arms when a show doesn’t make it passed that one season. YMMV of course.

2 Likes

I feel like most people are tired of DC sucking the farts of marvel and when they finally have something that people like and critics think is good they assume it would be continuing. I only signed up for swamp thing, I’ll stay till it’s over and hopefully they add something else worth my time by then but comics aren’t what I came for and I thought they would have way more conent in general. I didn’t want to research it before I signed up but I assumed they would have way more animated shows and movies. I for sure thought the old Batman live action show would be on here. Not like ten shows and movies, I would say I’m upset because I like what they are trying to do and make more mature content for an older audience. The costs were really high on this show but Netflix was sinking money into that Marco Polo show nobody watched (I think it was the most expensive show ever per episode while it was being made) this is the opposite people love it it’s just expensive.

I just can see how they fail in a lot of ways and how it’s more fuel for people to hate DC on the internet and eventually how this service will crumple up and die when more streaming services start to emerge when I want it to do well. Not having the CW shows on here is brutal also, I hope it does well but the service will have to fight for a place and this as the first actual only news I’ve ever heard of this service is not good. -shrug-

2 Likes

We weren’t promised a season 2 of swamp thing but the reason so many are so upset is that Marvel has had the success that they have had in bringing their stories to the big and small screen and DC hasn’t. It is frustrating to DC fans to see this when there is so much good content in the DC library to draw from. Swamp Thing is just the latest in DC’s failed attempts to do so. They start to give us a taste of getting it right and then it is snuffed out before we can get to the 2nd episode because of behind the scenes failures. The reason people are upset I think is out of disappointment, I know I am knowing that a second season might be a sign of success for DC. Instead only one original show has been picked up for a second season(the 1st one), no news on 2 of the others and the 4th was cancelled 5 days after the 1st episode aired.

1 Like

Does “cancelled” mean something different than I think? I always assumed it meant stopping something that was planning on continuing otherwise. Not failing to provide more of something that had no intentions of continuing otherwise. Guess I’m not too bright

@jeremiahj39 Not arguing all your points. But I think DC has had a LOT more success, especially in recent years bringing their stories to the small screen in live action especially. I mean yeah Marvel has X-Men The Animated Series but don’t think it is more iconic then Batman The Animated series and the universe of shows it spawned. And aside from Incredible Hulk and Agents of Sheild Marvel’s TV Show outings have been dodgy at best. Yeah DC has had a lot of their own. But they have also had Batman '66, four shows based on Superman (counting Superboy) that have all run for 4 or more seasons and in all but one case at least 100 episodes, they have had Wonder Woman, Smallville which ran for 10 seasons and is still the longest running Superhero show ever, and then there is The Arrowverse… plus Izombie which ran for five seasons, plus Lucifer. And while Swamp Thing has been cancelled it still has critical acclaim and every show on DCU so far has had high ratings with critics and fans.

No one could argue Marvel has had more success with movies in the last 10 or so years with the MCU. The facts on that speak for itself. But DC has been very successful bringing their stuff to the small screen.

3 Likes

@nybsfp Technically no more planned content is required to cancel a show. But still think cancel is a strong word and why so many people are confused.

Many shows, especially hour long formats, can do just fine without a second season, especially with these extended narrative formats. With ten “episodes” , you’ve actually got close to a ten hour novel-for-streaming on your hands. I wouldn’t mind shows skipping slow burn pacing if not necessary.

1 Like

Didn’t you know? The most common super power in the universe, in any universe, is the Power of Complaint. It isn’t very useful, but that does not stop those blessed with the ability from employing their powers in any and all situations.

Because so far it’s a good show. I want to come back for shows I want to watch. Not having a second season is idiotic. That’s content for a streaming service that needs to keep new content to keep people coming back. Titans, which is garbage, is getting a season two. Yet Doom Patrol, which is far superior hasn’t even been given a second season yet. Then Swamp Thing, which is also superior to Titans, is cancelled after one episode. That’s why people are upset.