No More Batman

DC animation needs to learn that there’s more characters than batman. There’s already a tone of batman games and shows why make more in the movies🙄

6 Likes

You can never have enough Batman :bat::bat::bat: :grin:

7 Likes

I totally agree they should expand on smaller characters… BUT I really like the Batman movies too

2 Likes

They are making Superman: Red Son. That isn’t B-man.

2 Likes

Give me all the Batman you can.

5 Likes

Next up is Wonder Woman: Bloodlines

And I’m guessing red son after that.

Yeah, they make Bats cuz Bats sells. But, they DCEU has been having success without Batman (Aquaman, WW, Shazam and Suicide Squad) and impressively SS last Animated didn’t even have Batman, if my memory serves. So while Bats and and Supes still dominate the animated movie field. Perhaps, in taking a queue from the DCEU and really focus on other characters for a while. (Wishful thinking…probably. But hope springs eternal.)

1 Like

I’d like more focus outside the trinity, yeah, but I also can’t blame them. Batman is amazing.

1 Like

I’ll take a main order of batman with a side of bats and batsy. And I’ll have the caped crusader for dessert.

3 Likes

no, more Batman

1 Like

Literally every animated movie is Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman, AKA DC’s three most well-known, bankable characters. While I think maybe there should be more Wonder Woman films, there are some great obscure characters that I think WB passes over because frankly they won’t make the studio money. Also, as a side note, DC should stop straight-up adapting comics to movies. It’s boring. I know the story. It typically was made for a comic book format and changing that breaks it a little. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Batman is their most bankable and most character popular. I like the other DC characters too but Batman is practically God for DC Comics.

Let be honest I’m kinda getting tired of all the batman stuff too but he’s the one that probably makes them the most money so they going to keep it with him I wish they would focus on others

@Batwing52

To be fair, they have done Throne of Atlantis & Flashpoint and the last pure WW animated film was a decade ago. They had pretty good luck with the Spectre and Jonah Hex shorts. I think that would be a good tack to take, to start doing shorter films on lesser known characters. I’d love to see Zatanna, Power Girl, a GL not named Hal and Phantom Stranger get their own shorts. Again it’s universe building. Bringing lesser known characters to the spotlight and that’s probably easier to do in a 15-20 minute film, rather than an 80 minute film.

1 Like

I’d love to see a movie about the c list characters in dc and turn them into badass characters like red tornado, blue beetle, or just a film with robin or even green arrow

3 Likes

It would be great to see Red Tornado get his own film.

CW Supergirl really treated him badly as a throw away character. He would be a great character, especially in CW Supergirl continuity BECAUSE RT is all about finding a connection to humanity.

1 Like

I love my B-man!

2 Likes

@C.V10 totally agree with you there. DC just keeps on oversaturating Batman and it kind of gets exhausting. DC needs to take risks and show some support for other characters in their catalogue

Happy Batman day everyone!

2 Likes

Happy Batman Day @iJest! :bat::bat::bat:

1 Like