No matter your views on Tom King

@Awesome_Squid

He doesn’t. Nobody does. If you want to critique the work, critique the work and do it constructively. Death threats and personal insults due to not liking the work is bad for the artist, bad for fandom, bad for the industry, and bad for human kind in general.

4 Likes

Dan Slott received death threats over his Spider-man run, as well. THe point is, that the writer should finish the story and the readers should wait until the end to see what happens, before they FREAK out. Batman is one of the top selling books out right now. We don’t know where it is taking him, but we should hope for the best. I personally think this is one of the best Batman runs, ever. Mitch Gerard is hinting that there is more than meets the eye with what is going on here. Let’s wait before we judge.

1 Like

@IrishAlum

Yep. Not to mention that each of those subsequent issues pretty much stand on their own.

Master. Class.

@chrishogue Dan Slott recieved death threats? Why do so many people think it’s just okay to send people death threats? Why do these people care about a story more than the well being of a human being? I will never understand the stupidity.

2 Likes

His storyline has been captivating and so well done, no idea what the corporate folks are thinking.

1 Like

@wvp My guess is that it’s probably one of two things

1.)You things it’s captivating, a lot of people, possibly the majority, don’t. A lot of people have dropped the series, especially after the recent nightmare arc. Corporate people don’t care about what you like, they care about sales.

2.)They’re planning on making the finale more like an event

I don’t understand the death threats at all. I’ve personally enjoyed his run even if parts have felt off or meandering, but there is so much Batman content out there in the world that any take you want should be easy to find (and certainly the safer takes especially) without resorting to threats. Critiquing art, and deciding not to follow something is one thing. Constant criticizing is another. I have not liked anything Marvel’s done with Spidey since the early 90s. I just don’t read it.

Glad everyone is being real civil here. Its nice (unlike on other social media sites)

To add on to everyone, I just want to say, I just hope King is able to properly wrap his story the way he intended even though it seems it wont be to 105 like hes previously mentioned. If he is able to do that I think I can be content with this move by DC (even though some transparency on the matter would be nice T__T)

Or like many of you have said, maybe it will continue in a side series.

1 Like

@Awesome_Squid
Yeah, sales have dropped, but it’s still one of the highest selling titles. I hope DC is trolling us, but it sucks if they are, either way.

@chrishogue Batman always sells well nobody how good or bad the story is. The problem is that, while sales are still high, it may not being selling as much as DC expects it to be.

2 Likes

AND… any noticeable drop in sales in Batman is much more significant for DC’s publishing. There are other titles and jobs that exist because DC can count on high Batman sales. There are people that always buy Batman, because it’s Batman, who just aren’t buying the book. I unfortunately fall in that category. Though I’ll still pick up any issues with Lee Weeks, because Weeks is amazing.

There’s a long history of writers being taken off of books due to sales dropping, and they were given far fewer issues than King has already been given. Why does King deserve to finish his story more than the last or the next guy (or gal)?

3 Likes

@Matches_Malone Exactly!

1 Like

If no one saw yet, it seems the situation has gone the way some of you called it

Scenario two, Tom King just announced hes doing a side series after he finishes up his run on the main Batman title, with Art done by Clay Mann

This is great news, personally would have preferred staying on main til hes done, but this is just as amazing.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNTYvNTY0L2kzMDAvQk1fQ1RXX1BST01PLmpwZz8xNTU4NzM0MDU3.jpg