No love for Hawkman?

I always thought that Hawkman had one of the most interesting back stories, however I’ve found that not many people feel the same and seeing as how they dont have any of the hawkman series on here I feel like I’m in the minority.

5 Likes

I have requested several Times the Silver Age Hawkman, from the brave and the bold, be put on this site, written by Gardner Fox,with superb art by Joe Kubert.

The current Hawkman series is one of the best series out there. And now all of his convoluted backstory makes sense, as he is reincarnated, across space as well as time.

2 Likes

I’m sure we’ll see Hawkman books come along at some point. Have patience.

As for me, I love Hawkman. I’ve been a fan of his since I was a kid. His current book is great.

2 Likes

Love his current run. I have it on pull at my LCS. One of the best DC books out right now!

2 Likes

They had a Hawkman series on here before but it got rotated out. Definitely should have more, the big guns need to all have representation.

1 Like

Love me some Hawkman!

Hawkworld is one of the best Post Crisis reboots. Tim Truman’s style is dead on for such a weird story.

2 Likes

Group chant: Puh-lease give us:
60’s Hawkman,
Metamorpho,
And some Me-tal Men…
Brave ___ and the Bold
1-63,
Mystery in Space,
And
Show oh oh case!!!

1 Like

I’ve been pleading for more Hawkman since this app started. Joe Kubert and Murphy Anderson did spectacular work on Silver Age Hawkman. Those books need to be here!

1 Like

They had the entire New 52 run up here at a couple of months ago.

One of my father’s favorite superheroes was Hawkman

2 Likes

The Savage Hawkman from New 52 was a terrible representation of the character.

He was Conan with wings, without Conan’s intelligence.

A great fighter, who never gave up and liked to beat people to a pulp.

Very one dimensional.

2 Likes

New 52 Hawkman was an abomination. There’s a wealth of great Hawkman comics in DC’s history, they just need to put it out there. Kubert’s Hawkman will blow you away.

1 Like

60s Hawkman was all about the art matching the oddball mix of mysterious archeology / mythological creatures with Sci fi tech like the Hawks spaceship.

One of the deepest , back stories and very underrated characters in the DCU

once we get Legion on here I guess I’ll start petition for Hawkman next

I’d love to see The Shadow War of Hawkman here. The Hawkman Special that followed that mini would be ideal to have here too.

2 Likes