Nightwing's Perfect Match?

I’m genuinely curious as to how people about the whole topic of Starfire or Barbara Gordon as Nightwing’s right match. I started off as a DC animated shows kid, so I get the match with Starfire. But since I’ve been reading comics, I’ve read way more Nightwing & Batgirl than I have Teen Titans.

So who do you think is Nightwing’s perfect partner - Starfire or Barbara Gordon?

6 Likes

Barbara

6 Likes

I love the Starfire the so very much but there can only be one:

BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

#BG/DGEternal #Endgame

10 Likes

#TeamBabs

When I was at my peak of comics reading and loving, they were a couple.

6 Likes

My stance on this is complicated. I grew up watching a lot of Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! So I gravitate towards Starfire. But at the same time, I think that Dick and Babs are pretty much soulmates. I may not always be the biggest fan of them as a couple, but I can’t deny that their personalities and love for eachother has always seemed unmatched. Maybe it’s because I’ve always prefered Star as a character than I like her with Dick more, but IDK. I love BG too- hell, I named my cat after her lol- I think it also depends what I’m reading/watching at the time. Right now I’m watching through Teen Titans, so I can’t help but adore their dynamic. But my opinion changes a lot.

4 Likes

I heart this. :00_batgirl1: :cat: :smiley:

They are cute in that series indeed. :smiley:

5 Likes

Do you have any examples of things that prevent you from being a consistent supporter of Dick & Babs? Out of curiosity

4 Likes

If I’m reading a Titans book, I can’t help but get into the Nightwing/Starfire pairing. If I’m reading a Bat-Fam book, it just feels so obvious that it should be Richard and Barbara. So, it’s hard not to be fickle with this issue as both ships have been explored so well in their respective media.

Buuuut… in the end, I’ve got to side with Batgirl and Nightwing being the OTS. It just has the full breadth of history to back it up.

4 Likes

I think Starfire makes more sense because its Dick gaining his own identiy away from the Batfamily

4 Likes

It’s just the fact I was raised on Teen Titans. Starfire and Robin were of my first favorite fictional couples

4 Likes

I do get that. And I’ve admittedly havent read a lot of TT comics, let alone ones that feature Dick & Kory’s relationship. I lean more towards Babs because I’ve read a lot more that focuses on that

4 Likes

I go with Starfire. I’m going to be a little mean here and say that Barbara Gordon is a Bat family groupie.

Plus Nightwing identity is more defined with bloodhaven and the titans, him being with Barbara only keeps him to the Batman books.

2 Likes

What exactly do you mean when you say “Bat Family groupie”?

5 Likes

Sorry for the confusion there. I got the impression most people knew what I meant.

So Barbra Gordon Batgirl has this nasty habit in media and comics to get into relationships with the bat family members. Like they got no use for her outside of being in relationships with other characters.

I think of Tim Drake Robin in arkham knight, Red hood in three jokers, Batman in Batman animated series and that god awful Killing joke animated movie and for a while Luke Fox in her new 52/rebirth series.

Like I said it’s just annoying that Barbra gets lumped with other characters like that.

3 Likes

Thanks for saving me an hour and a half when I turn 18.

4 Likes

In regards to the animation projects, I put that on Bruce Timm which is always a weird pairing at best and super inappropriate at worst. I agree that “Three Jokers” didn’t utilize her the way it should have. And who the hell was asking for a Babs & Jason ship anyway?

I barely remember that Fox relationship from the New 52 title. I’ll argue that when it comes to her solo titles, her character is put first with maybe a relationship potential coming in later.

6 Likes

:frowning_face: :-1:

5 Likes

:raised_hands:

3 Likes

It’s weird how you blame her and not the writing staff.

7 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the answer probably depends on whether you think of Dick as a Bat Family character or a Titan. To me, the Titans are great, they are Dick’s best friends, but he’s a Bat character first. So Dick and Babs for me.

8 Likes