Nightwing Returns!

Seems that the Ric Grayson era will soon be over…

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09/21/proper-nightwing-return-2020-james-tynion-iv-batman-run/

9 Likes

I have a question: does anyone, and I mean that, ANYONE really think that this storyline was a good idea? Ok, maybe as a 3-5 issue arc it would be tolerable an a little interesting when done right, but as a status quo…? DC hasn’t been on the top of their game these last couple of years, have they?

4 Likes

@BewareThePowerGuyGardnersLight
Outside of a few standouts, DC hasn’t been at the top of their game since 2005.

4 Likes

Thank Rao! The nightmare is finally ending. Plus considering this past Wednesday was the one year anniversary of Dick getting shot in the first place this seems fitting.

5 Likes

Jeez a year!

6 Likes

More good news! It’s a Batman Day miracle! :bat:

4 Likes

I wonder how close this will be to Dick’s 80th birthday? I still hope they celebrate Dick’s 80th anniversary and not make it about every Robin. I have no problem if there is a small tribute to all of the Robins to come after Dick but just don’t make it about the Robin identity in general.

4 Likes

Thank goodness!!! Doc is dead, long live Dick!

3 Likes

Ric* not doc

3 Likes

Thank goodness! Now if DC can actually find a writer who is able to tell more than what are in my opinion either mediocre or safe stories with the character I’ll be happy. Unfortunately the last time I really felt a writer was doing anything interesting with the character was during Grayson and a very few arcs in Seeley’s Nightwing run so I’m not expecting much here.

I’m partially disappointed that DC will only have Nightwing have these big changes in Batman, not in his own title. Nightwing shouldn’t be a reactionary title that has to change when writers of another title wanna do something.

1 Like

I don’t love Infinite Crisis as an event that much (it’s good) but a year-two before it and a year-two after were truly the last DC Golden Age.