Nightwing Returns in March 2021 — With Batgirl By His Side!

I mean, not really… I took it more as an acknowledgement and admittance of what they want, so they should stop sweating the small stuff. As such, I think it should prompt them to actually start dating and stop with the bad timing, psuedo-passive attitude that has peppered the post-Flashpoint era.
Also, if this really is going to be Nightwing #78 and not a relaunch or new book, then I think there needs to be some actual in series development between the two characters. Up to this point, both the Nightwing and Batgirl series recently had them paired with other people, so moving too fast could be very jarring to readers (not that that stopped DC before…).

2 Likes

Sounds interesting, but this will likely be a DCUI read for me.

So far, Batman: Urban Legends is the Infinite Frontier Batbook I’m most excited for.

2 Likes

Without colors, the fine lines and gradients really give it a manga-vibe. Pretty cool.

1 Like

But it’s not a team book. It’s Nightwing’s solo title. Batgirl is just showing up for this specific story. She has her own book in Batgirls… which has become a team book Ig :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

love the pairing

2 Likes

This sounds awesome. Next to RobStar and BBRae, I think Nightwing and Batgirl have always been a cute couple. This makes me think of the episode of Teen Titans Go!, when Cyborg and Beast Boy got into the future after having a 30-year staring contest for a slice of pizza, and realize that Robin grew up, married Batgirl, instead of Starfire (who’s queen in her home planet, Tamaran), and had kids with her, which got the crazy duo confuzzled that the future changed all of their friends, except for them. To Cyborg and Beast Boy, his family’s HORRIBLE, but I thought it was cute, but I still have my heart for RobStar, just like I did with BBRae.

1 Like

If this is the case they’re missing an opportunity to not call a shared title with them The Flying Graysons.

But I’m not clear on how Death Metal relates to anything, is that canon to Rebirth or what? Because it looks more like a weird Elseworlds thing to me and you’d have to twist my arm pretty hard to get me to read anything else by Scott Snyder after COO.

1 Like

I am highly interested in seeing where they are going with his storyline. As noted by many on this thread he needs to be elevated to A-list status. As @EverAJ said, “He should be the 4th pillar, the poster boy for legacy characters, the center of a web of heroes,” He is written as a leader in Titans and Young Justice, however, in other versions he seems to need to be rescued. I’m hoping the new series shows him as the leader he is.

3 Likes

We’ll see when it starts ig.

2 Likes

I wished he followed Tom King’s lead and just call this book Bat and Butt

1 Like

What?

1 Like

Tom King has a book called Bat and Cat, and Nightwing’s butt is like, a classic meme. So just mashing the two together as a joke.

1 Like

Do you mean " Batman: The Bat and the Cat: 80 Years of Romance"?

1 Like

No, it’s a 12 issue mini series that came out last month.

1 Like

What I mentioned was a 12 issue hardcover that came out 02/04/2020 with Batman and Catwoman in the rain

1 Like