Nightwing Movie

Lets settle this, Should there be a Nightwing movie?
If yes, who should be the villain, which supporting characters?
Who should star and co-star in such film and who should direct it?
If no then why?

11 Likes

I think Nightwing is totally worthy of his own film. Deathstroke and Blockbuster can be the villains, Thwaites can reprise his role, and Robert Rodriguez could direct it. Rodriguez has a very low-budget rebellious style, and that could be very symbolic of Nightwing going off on his own. Not to mention Sin City proves he can make dark films. Yet with the likes of the Spy Kids films under his belt too, it shouldn’t be hard for him to incorporate a little fun.

9 Likes

Make it about the Kryptonian god instead

5 Likes

I would love a Nightwing movie. Maybe make Blockbuster his enemy. That would be cool.

8 Likes

Only if it’s animated. DC has failed in their live action attempts and with their unwillingness to stay true to their characters I find a Nightwing film would just feel like another Ric go round which nobody wants.
If we did get a Nightwing animated movie I think the Man Of Tomorrow art style and animation would be incredible coupled with a loose adaption of vols 1 & 2 of Dixon’s run, Bludhaven and Rough Justice, as it would be best in order to showcase as many of Nightwing’s advertisers as possible, introduce the gp to his supporting characters (which I really liked his roommates Joey and Micheal from Higgins run when he was in Chicago), and really give people a feel for Bludhaven (I would go for a combo of Dixon and Seeley’s versions of the city).
Other stories I would like to see adapted either accurately or loosely are The Untouchable, Blockbuster, Traps & Trapezes, and Better Than Batman.

5 Likes

I have to disagree. Nightwing is not a dark character and this Batman sells so everything has to be on this dark, edgy, Nolan tone is tired. That’s Batman’s thing and DC needs to work on finding tones that fit their other characters just as specifically as they have Batman instead of trying to recreate him in every character.
Thwaits is great but we do not need another Titans debacle :nauseated_face::face_vomiting: :wastebasket:.

4 Likes

I half agree with you. I do agree that a Nightwing film doesn’t need to be gritty, but the way I see it, it should have a little bit of a gothic atmosphere, with a decent mix of fun adventure. I also agree that Titans was a mess, but I still thought Thwaites was pretty good, I just didn’t like the material.

4 Likes

If it’s done right, I think it would be great to see Nightwing having his own movie. As for the villian, I wouldn’t know any of them unless Batman’s villians are in it.:worried:

5 Likes

I should have Nightwing played by Finn Wittrock or Steven Yeun, with Deathstroke as the villain. It would also be directed by Gareth Evans since he does great action stuff that would make anything else we saw look like a slap fight.

Edit: Zac Efron and Dylan O’Brien would be great as well for me.

4 Likes

For my output on the movie. I think Brenton Thwaites would be a great fit for the movie as Nightwing. With supporting characters like Oracle (Barbra Gordon) played by Halston Sage. The lead villain would be Deathstroke played by Andy Serkis. As for the director I think Christopher Nolan.

4 Likes

I would love a Nightwing movie based off of Chuck Dixon’s run and associated supporting cast. I would love Oracle to be in it, but I think focusing on Dick in Bludhaven would be good for the first movie… with maybe a call from her at the end as a lead to the sequel. This would showcase Dick standing on his own before incorporating other big named characters and additional connections to Batman’s world. I mean, his backstory would have to be acknowledged to some degree, but in my head the movie will be about him finding his place out of Batman’s shadow. Having him strike out on his own - but with ties to Gotham! - doesn’t feel the same as showing him actually on his own. Once he’s established as his own hero, then the Batfamily can be tied back into the narrative. Also, this doesn’t have to be an angsty separation, just a story of him operating solo in a new city.

As for bad guys, Blockbuster was my first thought.

4 Likes

Oh they have an amazing cast. But the writing, directing, etc teams are all ■■■■ :poop: and don’t know anything about a the Titans.

3 Likes

@zachcoletti.54979 and @BatmanFan2007 may I ask why Deathstroke? This is something I don’t see very often so I would like to know what you see.

2 Likes

Well Nightwing has or rather had a bunch of his own villains but most of them were pre-new 52 before they became “the run-offs” in Seeley’s run. Reformed criminals from his Robin days. Really the only consistent foe he’s had to himself has been Blockbuster. Raptor has become another main villain in recent years. Anybody else he’s come up against has really only been in one short story arc or single issues. DC has yet to really give him his own Rogues Gallery and really should work on it.
As for Batman villains I wouldn’t mind them giving Penguin to Nightwing after the GCPD Lockdown episode in Arkham Knight. They haven’t used him in Batman since like 2011-2012. I love their dynamic and the chemistry they have as enemies. I would love to see more of that.

3 Likes

The reason I said Deathstroke is because he has a main stream appeal to him. Deathstroke can hold his own as a main antagonist. While Blockbuster is a good villain I just don’t believe he could carry a role as a main villain in a movie.

2 Likes

I can see that. Blockbuster is usually an absent foe. You really on see him in the climax of his arcs while the rest of the time Nightwing fights his gang and other foes. Deathstroke isn’t a bad choice.

2 Likes

Because we need to see him in action. They set it up in Justice League, and he’s an amazing character to use.

2 Likes

So he battles an abandoned store? Did Dick have a late fee?

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::rofl: c’mon you know who Blockbuster is but that was funny.

2 Likes

Yes, he is that guy Shaggy clobbered in Scooby-Doo Meets Batman the Brave and the Bold.

3 Likes