Nightwing #78 Sells Out and Goes Back to Press With New Cover; “Bitewing” Needs a Civilian Name!

The New York Times bestselling Injustice and Suicide Squad creative team of Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo stick the landing with their debut Nightwing issue!

Fans to name Nightwing’s three-legged canine companion via DC UNIVERSE INFINITE poll!

Nightwing #79 to arrive in shops on April 20; Second Print of Nightwing #78 to arrive on April 27!

Nightwing, with Batgirl by his side, returned to Blüdhaven this month in Nightwing #78 with all the style and grace expected of DC’s high-flying hero! The demand for the debut of Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo’s new run has pushed Nightwing #78 to a second printing slated to arrive in shops on April 27, hot on the heels of Nightwing #79 on April 20!

And as readers saw in Nightwing #78, there’s a new furry friend in town! Nightwing’s heroic three-legged puppy, currently nicknamed “Bitewing” by fans but who remains nameless in the comic book, needs a civilian name! Fans are encouraged to vote online for their favorite name—Haley, Shadow, Blue or Hope—between now and March 30 by way of a DC UNIVERSE INFINITE poll. The option with the most votes will become her new namesake!

And coming up in Nightwing #79, in addition to the first appearance of new character Heartless, Dick Grayson has inherited Alfred’s fortune, a puppy, and a whole lot of questions. Who is Mayor Zucco, and what is her relation to the man who murdered Dick’s parents? What sinister plans does Blockbuster have for Blüdhaven? What kind of dog food is best for a three-legged puppy? To answer these questions, Dick’s going to need a little help from his friends—past and present.

Take a look at the first few pages of Nightwing #79, due to hit shelves on April 20.

Will you be grabbing up the 2nd printing of Nightwing #78? Have you cast YOUR vote for “Bitewing”'s name? Let us know in the comments below!

15 Likes

Sounds awesome™:+1:
Can’t wait to see the name.

6 Likes

Glad the books are selling well - Infinite Frontier appears to be successful so far.

7 Likes

Although I’m not personally a fan of the name Bitewing…I know a lot of people who are and I’m really happy for them!!!

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m honestly really happy that Nightwing’s solo title is selling really well and getting some much deserved (positive) attention. Fun fact: Nightwing and his original solo title are what got me into comics, so the character and his books will always be personal favorites of mine.

4 Likes

This was my first time buying a Nightwing comic. I was not disappointed! Redondo’s art seems perfect for Dick.

3 Likes

I hope it’s Blue, like Blue’s Clue!:grin::dog2:

3 Likes

After putting up with “Ric” for so long it’s nice to have Dick back.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community​:+1:

Haven’t read the Ric stuff yet but it’s on my to do list for curiosities sake :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to DC Universe Infinite @SelenaAnn! :grinning:

2 Likes