Nightwing #78 and #79 Sell Out and Go Back to Print, Robins Reunite in Nightwing #80

Second Print Run Covers for Nightwing #78 and #79 by Bruno Redondo

Nightwing #78 and #79 Sell Out and Go Back to Print,

Robins Reunite in Nightwing #80,

and a Heartless New Blüdhaven Villain Arrives

Looking ahead to Nightwing #80’s “Leaping into the Light” part 3 on May 18, Dick Grayson’s always had a big heart. From protecting those persecuted by bullies in his youth, to combating evil alongside Batman as Robin, to pledging his newly inherited wealth to enriching Blüdhaven as Nightwing—his kindness and generosity have always guided his life. But now a new villain stalks the back alleys of Blüdhaven, removing the hearts of the city’s most vulnerable. Who is this terrifying new menace named Heartless, and will he be able to resist plucking out the biggest heart in all of Blüdhaven? Read this (literally) heart-wrenching issue to find out!

And check out a Robins reunion in Nightwing #80, due to hit shelves on May 18! What is Tim Drake doing in Blüdhaven?

Nightwing #80 by Tom Taylor, Bruno Redondo, Adriano Lucas and Wes Abbott

Nightwing #80 cover by Bruno Redondo; card stock variant cover by Jamal Campbell

Then in Nightwing #81 on Jun 15, Dick Grayson trades out his escrima sticks for a magnifying glass and a sleuth hat to investigate Blüdhaven’s new mayor, Melinda Zucco, and find out how the daughter of the man who murdered Dick’s parents came to power in Nightwing’s city. But his investigative adventure is cut short when he comes face to face with the most horrendous villain in the history of Blüdhaven—HEARTLESS.

Nightwing #81 cover by Bruno Redondo; card stock variant cover by Rafael Grassetti.

And in Nightwing #82 on July 20, Melinda Zucco’s connection to the man who killed Dick Grayson’s parents wasn’t a surprise to the Blüdhaven hero, but what the former Robin discovers about Melinda’s ties to the Flying Graysons leaves the usually upbeat detective speechless!

Nightwing #82 cover by Bruno Redondo; card stock variant cover by Jamal Campbell

Nightwing, written by Tom Taylor (DCeased, Injustice) with art and cover by Bruno Redondo (Injustice, Suicide Squad), color by Adriano Lucas, lettering by Wes Abbott, edited by Jessica Chen, has Nightwing “Leaping into the Light” with every issue!

Have you been following Nightwing’s “Leaping into the Light”? Let us know in the comments below!

10 Likes

I love that Nightwing’s solo title is having so much success! :+1:

4 Likes

This series has been great so far! There’s a different cover for the reprint of #79 and it looks gorgeous! It should have been a main cover!

I’m also very excited to see Tim! Especially, written by Tom Taylor. Should be a fun story!

2 Likes

A nice meet up before their Robins series starts.

1 Like

Hey DC! If you want to put a Tim Drake backup in this comic, I’ve got a crisp dollar bill for you!

2 Likes

I love the variant 80 cover!

2 Likes

i like Tim bout i would love to see Jason just to kinda make it more interesting

2 Likes

and btw Melinda Zucco looks a bit like Selina

1 Like

I haven’t read Nightwing since the “Nightwing Must Die!” arc ended, and prior to that, the series was incredibly hit and miss.

With Tom Taylor on-board, it feels like this volume of Nightwing will finally become a series that will be consecutively entertaining for a good, long while. It only took nearly five years for that to happen, but hey, better late than never.

BTW, does anyone else feel Nightwing is the Bat-book of Infinite Frontier so far? I’ve loved both issues far more than the other IF Bat-titles at this point.

6 Likes

I hope Dick gets a chance to reconnect with all of them. Cutting him off completely from friends and family the way they did (and as long as they did) was horrible in my opinion.

3 Likes

This is the first time I’ve ever had Nightwing on my pull list and I’m loving it! I really want to get the 2nd prints, too, because of the covers.

They’ve released the #79 2nd print cover and it looks amazing!!

2 Likes

These past two issues have made collecting it all the way through the Ric debacle worth it.

1 Like

Does anyone know where to get Nightwing #79? All the local comic shops are out of stock near me.

1 Like

I cant stress enough how the addition of Tom Taylor has improved this comic. Ive always loved Nightwing but lately the comics have been missing the mark. Hats off to the whole crew involved, artwork is beautiful as well. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

If you don’t want to try eBay, then try to see if a new varient cover will be released and go for that on release. That’s how I’ve gotten some.

I’ll just leave this spot on review here:

1 Like

I’m totally addicted to the Taylor/Redondo run. I’ve been getting both covers and all reprints. Only missed out on the 1:25 variants since my LCS doesn’t buy enough to qualify. I’ve even got the HC pre-ordered and will get the TPB version too when that comes.

I don’t think you actually read that review…

I did read the review. I agree with some of what it’s saying, but like I said, I love the run.

Oh so you realize the review was negative? Okay, yeah we do not share the same opinion cuz I thought it was spot on and then some. To sum up Tom Taylor’s work he talks a big talk but can’t seem to walk the walk the walk when it’s time to put pen to paper (or rather fingers to keyboard).