Nicolas Cage Wants to Play Egghead In The Batman Sequels

Would be the greatest casting since Hugh Jackman as wolverine.

14 Likes

But seriously- hell no.

8 Likes

Iā€™m always slightly amused whenever an actor comes out and says theyā€™d like to play a role in a movie, without anyone involved in the movie asking them first. Has that ever really worked out?

11 Likes

Yeah, I miss crushing him.

6 Likes

Idk about putting him in the next Batman movie, but if Nicholas Cage gets to cameo as Egghead in a hypothetical Suicide Squad sequel (sorta like what they did with Calendar Man), I think thatā€™d be really cool!

6 Likes

On one hand, respect for Cage pulling out an obscure character.

On the other hand, may I offer a better role for his skills:

I mean, read this in Nicā€™s voice and tell me Iā€™m wrong.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Mmmmā€¦baconā€¦ :drooling_face:

OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING.

If Eggman and Professor Pyg teamed up, they would be called ā€œBacon and Eggs.ā€ I can picture a Robin throwing them on the steps of GCPD saying ā€œBreakfast is served.ā€

11 Likes

She says they are delicious.

4 Likes

Rarely, if ever. Most of the time when we see stuff like this itā€™s usually a designed attention grab of some spotlight. Itā€™s also a clear indicator that heā€™s got a stack of scripts on his desk that heā€™s not happy with and heā€™s letting Tinseltown biz peeps know that heā€™s fishing for new opps. Gottaā€™ say tho I do love the idea of him reprising the late great Vincent Priceā€™s role as Egghead. :smiley: :+1: Not so much in Reevesā€™ franchise (the character just doesnā€™t seem to fit the storyline), but here-

Yes, YES PLEEZ. :smiley: :+1: :00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleybathqtas: :harleys_crew:

9 Likes

Every bit of this is pure :magic_wand:
:smile: :+1: :purple_heart:

10 Likes

This is gonna sound weird, but I think I have to explain it in order to convey how I feel now that Iā€™m seeing this.

First off (this is the oddball part, bare with me here), but my mom has said that Nicolas Cage looks like my dad. Now, I have never met my father, because reasons, but I am the spinning image of my father, and if my father looks similarly to Nicholas Cageā€¦

This is one of those things that has never left my mind ever since she said this to me, and for many years I have never looked at him the same way again (needless to say the movie Face Off can be weird for me to watch).

Why is this important? Well, even though this is nothing official, or confirmed, and this is just something that he shared his thoughts onā€¦ the idea of Eggman being played by a guy who looks like my father, who I look likeā€¦ I just donā€™t know.

Obviouslyā€¦ this is just me. Iā€™m not saying this as any reason as to why he shouldnā€™t. Being an actor that gets a role as a character is his job and itā€™s what keeps the lights on for him, and my teeny tiny weird brain thought isnā€™t something that is going to keep this from happening (see, I even admit this, unlike some internet incels). This is just what instantly popped into my head when I saw this thread.

I guess the only question I have now is what potential story/movie would Eggman need to show up, but if The Suicide Squad was able to bring in obscure characters and make them the highlights of the movie, then whatever happens happens :woman_shrugging:

I donā€™t hate this idea, I donā€™t love this idea. All I know is that if this ever does come into fruition, all Iā€™ll be thinking about is ā€œWhy does Eggman look like my father?ā€ which I admit is a very funny thought :joy:

5 Likes

The thought that comes to my mind is maybe a rival crime lord?

5 Likes

That would just be all kinds of brilliant!

3 Likes

Whatā€¦you think heā€™s getting tired of doing DTV movie after DTV movie, and wants to be in something that people will actually, you know, see? Nah. :wink:

Anywhozā€¦

I donā€™t think Egghead would fit Reevesā€™ take on Batman, but in the DCEU and in ā€œSuicide Squad Tres: Three Times The Mess!ā€ as directed by James Gunn?

As Lex said in Superman Returns, ā€œBring it on!ā€ :grin:

imagines Cagehead making egg puns, to which Peacemaker says ā€œOh my God, dude! Would you shut the **** up about eggs, already?!ā€ as Harley giggles nearby

2 Likes

I think it would be a truly missed opportunity not to be able to hear and see Cage pastiche any and all wording in his on screen dialogue that begin with the letters ex to egg (ie: eggcellent, eggsistential, and so on) ala Vincent Priceā€™s unforgettable Bā€™Man '66 performances. This facet of his performance alone would truly be worth the price of admission, without a doubt. :smile: :smiley: :+1:

Can I get some amens on this pleez Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx and Mr. @biff_pow. :smiley:

3 Likes

As a fan of NC (yes! Including Willyā€™s Wonderland, somehow!), Iā€™m content to let him do whatever he wants and support him in any role. :smile:

3 Likes

Donā€™t act line this isnā€™t going to be peak cinema.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll give him credit, heā€™s got stones for picking the roles he has over the last decade and change.

3 Likes

:raised_hands:t3:

#word89

2 Likes