Next DC Superhero Game?

We haven’t gotten a solid superhero-action-adventure game released since Rocksteady released 2015’s Batman: Arkham Knight. There have been rumors that WB Montreal would be debuting another DC game after their Batman: Arkham Origins title (one of which is my fave’s btw), being possibly a Suicide Squad game or an adult Damian Wayne game. But, both of these have seemed to be scrapped. Additionally, it looks like Rocksteady isn’t doing a DC superhero game, Justice League or otherwise, like we thought.

My question is, what superhero do you want to play as in a game, what genre, and by what studio? I’d personally love a Green Lantern game inspired by Geoff Johns’ run in the vein of a Zelda-like adventure, where constructs have to be used creatively to solve puzzles and win battles.

3 Likes

That would be a fun Green Lantern game.

I really just want a good Justice League game with an expansive roster. Modernize Justice League:Heroes or take the mechanics of the Arkham Series to make a game with each member of the league playable.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, if WB Montreal reveals another Batman game, I’m going to roll my eyes. I’m ready for something new. Spider-Man for PS4 was basically an Arkham game, but it felt like a breath of fresh air because of the different world and characters. It was great. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Arrow and the Flash are more popular now than they’ve ever been. Why not make a video game based on one of them? The timing couldn’t be more perfect. I like Batman, but I’m just so tired of him these days…

A Green Lantern game though? That would be a dream come true. There’s so much lore in the Green Lantern franchise that the developers would have limitless material to work with. Imagine being able to pick any of the six human GLs, patrol Guardian SPACE (Not just Earth) and being able to level them all up independently. That would be a blast!

5 Likes

Aquaman game would be really unique, imagine swimming around Atlantis. Also we should have a Superman game.

3 Likes

I think wonder woman would be a fantastic game and an easy port with the arkham engine. Increase the ragdoll mechanics from the arkham series and it would be a blast using the whip and shield to rack up amazing combos. I imagine the scenery similar to assassin’s Creed Odyssey but with the same mechanics as arkham.

3 Likes

I really want a good Superman game

3 Likes

I would love a superman,wonder woman,flash i dont mind any of these heros getting a game and if they do they should make it similar to spider man open world able to upgrade your power etc that would be amazing i love batman just as much as the next person but lets face it he has way to many games and yes the games have been good but how many more games can you make with the villians that we faced already

1 Like

A green lantern rpg in the vain of classic BioWare games. Designed by take-two. you design your lantern alien or human. Pick which constructs you equip. Imagine a mass effect star map and when you pop into a planet you skim it like in dragon ball games. Engaging in deep space combat then landing to beat the tar out of man hunters before finding out about the local species via dialogue choices.

3 Likes

I would like to see a flash video game

1 Like

I would love to have a superman game. With the way todays games are being made it would be possible more so now than in the past. but a green lantern game sounds awesome.

2 Likes

@pennel777 How do you think a Green Lantern game should work?

Batman Arkham changed the landscape of games to me, but it is time to put a fork in that franchise. Superman has so much potential. The freakin holy grail he they could nail it. If they do another Batman game, have a least a guest star from the Justice League. At least !!!

2 Likes

@Redhood.55520 I think you could level up different abilities with skill trees and such. And with green lanterns you could be able to choose form a great cast and even have several planets to set the game In

A Superman game would be great, if they could figure out a way to balance his strength/powers with the enemies. I think Wonder Woman would have the same problem, way overpowered compared to most of the grunt-level enemies you deal with in a video game.

I think this is part of why Batman (and Spider-Man if we’re being inclusive lol) works so well for games: he isn’t basically invincible and it makes sense in-universe that he would develop new skills/gadgets etc as you level up. If the Arkham series is continued, I would definitely be into that however I would want to have other bat-family characters playable in the main campaign for variety.

Despite the balance issues, I would love to see the Justice League get an Arkham level game.

1 Like