Next big read?

I am looking for a news series and to go beyond Batman (love him just want something different). Any ideas for a new series and character to get into?

1 Like

One fan-favorite you may be interested in is Green Lantern. Specifically the Geoff Johns run starting with Green Lantern: Rebirth and continued in Green Lantern (2005).

3 Likes

John Byrne’s Superman. Start with The Man of Steel (1986) #1, and prepare to have fun.

I second the vote for Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern, as well as the entirety of JSA (1999-2006), as it’s the best Justice Society book ever.

In preparation for Stargirl, you could also check out Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. This too was written by Geoff Johns.

Another great binge worthy series is The Power of Shazam!, as it’s the best Captain Marvel/Shazam! ongoing series. Should you read it, be sure to also check out Superman: The Man of Tomorrow #4.

3 Likes

That is true, if you have any interest in the character that series is the one to read.

One more idea is if you want a more modern starting place for Superman you can read Superman: Secret Origin

2 Likes

@ilan.kaleli.45588 Crisis on Infinite Earths would be an ideal read, especially given that it’s CW iteration will be here before we know it.

You don’t need to read all of the tie-ins (they are fun though) but the main 12-issue maxi-series is a very consequential read within the annals of DC history, as well as overall comic book history.

3 Likes

Thank you. Looks like my reading time is getting filled. I’ll visit my local comic shop to see if I can pick some of these books up. While I do like to read digitally, I prefer to support my local comic business as much as I can. Thanks again!

1 Like