NEWS ALERT: DC Swag Received by Fan During Polar Vortex!

I was excited today to get an alert from UPS that something had been dropped off at my front door, just as the Polar Vortex was really kicking in up north here!

Thanks DCU! As you know, I have been greatly enjoying the service, and have been very pleasantly surprised at how interactive this has been, both with fellow subscribers as well as the mods and even DC Daily!!!

The Swag is just icing on the DCU cake at the end of a month of incredible value to me as a fan between the new YJ episodes, the avalanche of comic books available now, and even the Comixology Unlimited surprise!!

The DCU star is rising right now, and here’s hoping it continues to blaze forth!!!

14 Likes

In the box: again, I own none of this, which is amazing considered what a Comic Book and Graphic Novel addict I am!!!

6 Likes

Congratulation Don-el! :grinning:

2 Likes

Congratulations! You deserve it =)

2 Likes

Congrats on both the gift and the brave UPS worker that delivered it!

2 Likes

This is awesome Don!

You earned it!

2 Likes

sweet! uncanny intuiton on the part of DCU Santa …

and that remarkable Absolute volume–not to put a value on a gift, but positivity just rendered the cost of an annual sub to zero

4 Likes

Thanks everyone and very excellent point @manifest ! In celebration, perhaps I should subscribe for another year when the opportunity comes up!!!

Hmmm…I never had anything like this from Marvel Unlimited, even though I’ve been subscribing to that for four or five years years now…

5 Likes

Yeah, MU doesn’t hand out free swag to people for being schway. Go DCU! does the Arsenio Hall Show whoop whoop

5 Likes

Congrats Don-el! :clap::tada:

3 Likes

I am ASTONISHED you don’t own any of that- it was quite the knuckle-biter getting your package together! I will say I was particularly excited to gift you with Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern. So glad it made it to you safely through the vortex!

3 Likes

For those wondering, we do grant Absolutes or Deluxes to those who not only are positive and constructive contributors to the forums, but also go above and beyond to organize community events such Book Clubs, Watch-Alongs, etc. I don’t know if that warranted an explanation, but in case anyone was wondering!
Maybe a separate post explaining the thought process is in order…:thinking:

4 Likes

Congrats!

@applejack - Thanks for the explanation. How about people who has a life outside the community boards that can’t post that much? I am not complaining and I am happy for them but I feel like this will only apply to those people.

1 Like

@Don-El, you HAVE to read injustice first! It’s amazing

2 Likes

@Applejack I was actually perusing some Planet of the Apes / Green Lantern Comics during my wife and my 45th wedding anniversary Niagara Falls Canada visit last weekend at the Big B Comics. They had a few of these cool mashup teamup GL / PoTAs comics on sale, but they didn’t have all of them so I didn’t pick them up …but little did I know I was going to get number one today with no ads .wow!!!

Side note, if anyone here visits Ontario Canada and happens to either be in Niagara Falls or Hamilton, you have to check out the Big B comic stores!!! The one in Hamilton in particular is like a super store with two stories. Their big thing is selling greatly- reduced real nice condition used graphic novels, and with the exchange rate between the US and Canada , it’s almost …a steal… along with Batman Road to No man’s Land, The Final Night and hatdcover gorgeous Infinity, Inc: the Generation Saga, I also picked up a nice hardcover "Y the Last Man vol 3 …
which went nicely with the first two graphic novels I read online with DCU Comixology Unlimited the past couple weeks , fantastic!!

Again thanks DCU, I’m living the dream!

2 Likes

@E-Dot, it’s a bit more complex than frequency of posting. It’s about rewarding a soft, sometimes unquantifiable characteristic of helpful kindness, patience, and adaptability. We only have a limited amount we can send every month, and believe me when I say we have a waitlist of people we’re looking forward to reaching out to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dope! There’s no better feeling than getting something in the mail that isn’t junk or bills

3 Likes

I should clarify too if it helps, I work something like 50 hours a week as a manager but I do have a dedication to this concept. I make sure that every week I participate in the book club, I also often facilitate a live talk show after the watch along 8 pm on Friday nights Eastern. As an old guy, I’m well aware that you can’t take something good like this for granted, you should help it along, be committed with just a few hours a week consistently, and promote it where you can.

Very exciting to get this recognition from DCU. I certainly don’t feel like I earned any of this. However, I’m very thrilled the DCU is promoting the community with passion and creativity even as I am !

I’ve been part of several other digital comic book platforms the past several years, helping beta test them, to watch them fall by the wayside (Scribd comics, ComicBlitz, etc). I’m going to help push this caut up the hill where I can!

4 Likes

(Cart)

1 Like

@Abfgmsw , I’m almost afraid to open that Absolute double volume Luthor / Joker hardcover. The Planet of the Apes / Green Lantern #1 Spectrum Variant is probably first (after I bag it); The metal cover Batman Beyond #25 is sweet outside and in, so that’s the second I plan to puruse…

1 Like