New York City Comic Con 2019

This will be my big vacation plan this year October 3 thru 6. Anybody else planning to go?

5 Likes

I usually go every year I can. Is this your first time going? There’s a wide variety of things to see and do there.

1 Like

I’ve never been to the comic con, but I live about 4 hours away from the city and travel there every so often. I was thinking about going this year if DCU people will be there, but I might need to skip it. I’ve been throwing every available dollar at saving for a down payment on a house.

1 Like

If I have the money, I’d definitely go. I’ve never been to New York.

1 Like

This is going to be my first time at the New York City Comic Con. I’ve been to only a couple of other such events before. My favorite memory of the first I had attended in Anaheim some years back was meeting several of the cast members from the 1960s Batman series. Some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet, they were genuinely thrilled that people loved their work. It was my opportunity to get autographs, pictures taken, and to thank them for all they did. My favorite photo was one of me and Yvonne Craig (Batgirl), and she had her arms around me! (Sigh!) Not everyone can boast of being held in Batgirl’s arms.

3 Likes

It also depends what you’re going there for. Also keep in mind the Javitz is undergoing repairs, so they move a lot of things into smaller areas (Artist’s Alley and the celebrity autograph area) but there is a wide variety of things to see and do there. My only knock is, the area where you have comic dealers where you’d normally find fifty cent and dollar bins grows smaller and smaller every year. A lot of the show floor is taken up by companies and their booths, so the smaller stuff gets pushed to the side. Even then, it’s still pretty big.

1 Like

Talk about a great vacation, @patterson65.37405! I hope you end up having a fantastic time (though it’s hard to rival being hugged by Batgirl :)). Your experience in Anaheim sounds like it was a joy, especially surrounded by so many kind people!

1 Like

You are right, @MissInkBlot, although one thing I’m hoping for might come close. Trouble is, New York City Comic Con announces their guest list extremely close to the show, so I don’t know if it would happen. I would love to see some Doom Patrol related events and guests, particularly April Bowlby (Rita Farr). I have a huge crush on her (actually on her character) and I have a cool poster print that is just crying out for an autograph. I also would love to get a kiss from her, but if I did, I’d probably melt faster than she did in the Therapy Patrol episode. But even if she’s not there, I’m sure I’ll have a good time.

By the way, here’s a link to my Facebook page in case you want to see that Yvinne Craig photo:

https://www.facebook.com/david.patterson.3954546/about?lst=100000839324326%3A100000839324326%3A1551947366

Anyhow, I hope to see some of you there, and wish me luck on the kiss.

Yvonne. Sorry.

@patterson Yea, these past few years they’ve cut it really close when it comes to announcing who will be there. I guess because they’re run by Reedpop now, there’s a different way of booking guests. I didn’t think I was going to meet anyone last year, but in like August or so, they announced Dean Cain was going to be there. I couldn’t wait. And yes, I got to meet him and it was amazing!

Here’s hoping this year the guests are amazing, too. If the cast from the DC Universe shows would attend, that would be great. I’d love to meet Brendan Fraser.