New TT: Judas Contract Comic VS TT: The Judas Contract Movie!

Happy Friday!

Over here at DC Daily we noticed you had a WAL for Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Movie! Looked like fun!

We’re interested in what you thought of the movie compared to the original comic series, New Teen Titans: The Judas Contract!

Do you favor how the comics portrayed Terra more? Or maybe you liked how the movie stayed true to certain elements from the comics? We have many powers, but mind reading is still not one of them :slight_smile: so let us know down below and we’ll discuss them soon!

Cheers!
DC Daily

12 Likes

I loved both. The comic was better to me tho. Wolfman & Perez are tough to top, especially when it comes to Teen Titans. I loved Tales of the Teen Titans & bonus points anytime the finale ends with an annual.

4 Likes

I’m a bit biased because I like the movie’s team of titans more than that of the original comic run. My favorite titan being blue beetle and any inclusion of him is awesome. With that being said I love how each story and subplot connected to a central theme throughout the movie, whether it was with how each member connected to the other members on the team and how their situations with their families and their pasts were pretty similar to each others. The movie perfectly showcased the issues that they go through as teenagers and how they find it hard to find their place in their new found home. I really like how The titans in the movie dwelled alot on their pasts because it greatly affected how they acted and felt about the other members on the team because it also helped them bond as friends when they all realized they weren’t that much different from each other.

2 Likes

I liked them both, the animation was really good in the movie, so I’m gonna have to go with the movie.

4 Likes

DC Daily is a real person?

5 Likes

Well I know what I’m doing after work today!!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Anyway…

The original run of comics is a near masterpiece, marred only by Terra taking the blame for Slade being a statutory rapist. And, well, Dick Grayson has lots of friends he could have called for that final assault on the Hive Base— cough-- Roy Harper, Aqualad-- but that second complaint doesn’t diminish the quality of the work. Comics drama was changed for the better by the original New Teen Titans run.

As for the movie, Damian is NOT my favorite character, though any good story is a good story, and this adaption is certainly that. At the beginning, a big part of me wanted a movie about Dick/Robin, Speedy, Bumblebee, Beast Boy, Kid Flash, and Starfire-- but I guess that wouldn’t be the Judas Contract. So I’m gonna apples and oranges on this one. The movie stands well on its own, some highlights being Starfire’s ability to mess with the strait-laced Nightwing, Cyborg being drawn to the more familial Titans, and… Wonder Girl. Actually, the biggest flaw in this movie might just be that there’s no sequel.

7 Likes

This is one of my favorite of the DC animated films.

5 Likes

The movie is really good, but in a comic you get more longer story that a movie can’t give under 2 hours. So I’d go with comic.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We need more movies in this universe!

Nightfire OTP

3 Likes

Honestly both are just classics . The movie takes just enough from the source material to make it come to life but still be new to watch. It is one of the best DCU movies it’s definitely in my Top 3.

5 Likes

Agreed. In fact, would love to see an animated movie with a team origin story adapted from Wolfman and Perez’s original work and presented as a flashback subplot to a main story centering around the present day (animated) team.

1 Like

I truly enjoyed this adaptation of one of Teen Titans’ most crucial storylines. The voice cast was thoroughly engaging with Christina Ricci delivering a meaningful interpretation of Terra’s tragic persona and the late Miguel Ferrer crafting a memorable edge to Slade Wilson that was enjoyable to watch all the way through. Fantastic work as always from you DC. Good stuff!

1 Like

I liked the variety and numerous displays of the power sets of the characters in the movie.

I haven’t read the comic in a long time but I only remember a battle in the beginning issue showing off their powers.

3 Likes

Haven’t read it. Does it still have the creepy relationship?

1 Like

The movie seemed to be an updated, modernized take on the classic comic. Enough was changed to keep it interesting but the core of the story was still there. They did a nice job of making it fit into the DC Animated Movie Universe. Next, we need DC Universe’s live action Titans to adapt this classic :wink:

1 Like

It is a great film I’m planning to read as many of the teen titan comics as i can

3 Likes

The relationship between terra and deathstroke weirded me out when I watched the movie

1 Like

That’s it. I’m watching the movie again tonight.

2 Likes