New Trailer for the Gotham Knights TV Show

I don’t want that show anywhere near MAX programming.

2 Likes

Check your TV Listings:
The Flash = CW app, Netflix
Superman and Lois = CW app, HBO Max
Gotham Knights = CW app

Yes, I know Discovery and HBO will merge this year into one Streamer … if it was DC on the CW? it wad available next day on the CW app, then once the Season completed broadcast? straight to Netflix (exceptions? Stargirl + Superman and Lois went to HBO Max).

Gotham Knights hasn’t broadcasted on the CW, but all it shows is CW app (only time will tell if this changes, I just get the impression this is one and done!)

3 Likes

Oh I think it’s a one and done, I just have a feeling after the season finishes airing on the CW they will move it to MAX. I see where you are coming from but CW shows don’t move to MAX until a few months after they air, Superman and Lois and Flash already have episode on netflix. And yeah Gotham Knights hasn’t begun airing but it still has a listing on the CW app (only shows the trailer now since the episodes haven’t started but it is listed on the CW App) so I think you might be reading too much into it thinking this means it won’t be on MAX after it airs. But I guess time will tell, given the latest news seems WBD isn’t even sure if they are going to merge Discovery+ and HBO MAX, at least the same way they planned to. So it is likely up in the air, just don’t think personally this is proof the show isn’t going to MAX when any shows to come out on CW since 2019 have gone to the App. Seems odd Gotham Knights would be an exception.

1 Like

I’d be happy if they tossed it

4 Likes

I just got done reading in the trade papers that HBO Max will not merge with Discovery + (lol! Warner Bros Discovery executives can’t figure out f’ nigh! just leave the Streamer as HBO, or call it HBO Warners! HBO and Warner Bros have more name recognition then Discovery and Max - and the Plus symbol is overused!)

We definitely will have to wait until Gotham Knights is broadcast on the CW, then see where it will go after time streaming on the CW app (we know it’s not going to Netflix, if it does get dumped onto HBO? I will be :roll_eyes: over the fact they made space for it after Corporate removed Content that had a big enough of a fan base - but for example if Warner Bros let’s Tubi have it? I may just wait and watch it on Tubi).

Gotham Knights is one and done, it’s one Season of filler (like a contractual obligation), it’s a shame that The Flash + Superman and Lois are the last gasp of what used to be a great block of DC on the CW (at least we get Legends of Tomorrow Characters on The Flash this Season).

2 Likes

I just got done reading an article about Gotham Knights (have to say I have not been impressed by the trailers - footage looks so Batwoman bad; however, I respect the opinions from the article writer Lauren Piester in Gamespot; it appears many are not going to be impressed with the beginning, but enough - including me - are willing to give it a try for a few Episodes … and quit watching if it sucks!) :thinking:

"In another time, or on another Network, Gotham Knights could have been a very successful new addition to DC TV. The new CW Drama offers a fresh, CW-ized take on TV Batman, minus the bat himself, that combines the mythology people know with an alt-universe version of that Mythology that most casual viewers probably don’t. The end result, based on the six Episodes made available by the CW, is a Show with a lot of information that needs to be dispatched quickly–including the murder of Batman–at a time when the Network it’s on seems to be closing the door on DC Superheroes. And that’s disappointing, because once you’re done trudging through all of the exposition, Gotham Knights is a fun ride.

Naturally, there’s a lot of setup required here, pulling from a number of Batman-centric comic book stories over the years, and it’s too much setup for the Pilot Episode to handle. How does Batman have an adopted Son no one’s ever heard of before? Where are we in Harvey Dent’s transformation into Two-Face? What was Bruce Wayne’s relationship with all of the people who now, after his death, are finding out that he was Batman? Where did the Joker’s Daughter come from? How did Carrie Kelley become Robin? How did Harper and Cullen end up in a life of crime? How did Cullen’s Family react to him being Trans? How does Stephanie feel about her friend Turner? These are all questions asked and mostly answered in the premiere Episode, but they don’t help answer the bigger question of what this show is and where it fits into the world DC Television. How does it come on the heels of the cancellation of Batwoman, written by writers of Batwoman, but have nothing to do with Batwoman or the flickering-out Arrowverse?"

3 Likes

I am just hoping it is so bad its good.

4 Likes

Still don’t think I’m watching it

3 Likes

I might watch clips on YouTube and possibly a EFAP reaction video on it. Seriously, the best complication you can watch if you wanna waste a afternoon.

2 Likes

What is EFAP?

3 Likes

There a group of YouTubers who do commentary on certain topics. Couple years back they did one with Batwoman and it was pretty funny.

I would love to show a clip here but understand their videos are 30 to 40 minutes long. Does anyone really want to see an video with that length here?

2 Likes

Is EFAP the channel name?

1 Like
1 Like

thank you

2 Likes

I have now watched the pilot for Gotham Knights
everything that wasn’t Stephanie Brown was extremely stupid and boring
I did not like that part
and it’s way more violent than I expected
I did not like that either
but Steph was…not the worst
not enough comic stuff like they included in the Batwoman episide
but she has some potential
for some reason they had an up skirt shot of her, in addition to her making out heavily in the first scene. Not a fan of that stuff.
so…mixed bag
but that’s better than the trash bag I expected

3 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to watch the pilot yet, am going to try to tomorrow. But the general consensus seems to be what you said… “was better than I thought it would be.” Which would not be so bad, if most people didn’t go in expecting it to be unwatchable garbage. Deserved or not they definitely showed you only get one chance to make a first impression.

I am going to go into it with an open mind, I am not a comic purist and if the show is done well I can enjoy it despite the clear huge liberties it takes with the comics. But also would be lying if I said I am expecting to be surprised, but would like it if I was.

2 Likes

I think this is a good attitude. I want to like Stephanie Brown, so I want to like the show, but…let’s just say if it didn’t have Stephanie Brown in it, I would be pretty harsh with my analysis. And if I get into a conversation about it, I probably will be. But I’ll hope more people watch it and give their opinions. Hopefully it’ll find an audience!

1 Like

So, the only good thing is one character?

1 Like

I would say that depends on how much you love Stephanie Brown and are willing to put up with to see her. I actually think the Batwoman Stephanie Brown was a bit closer to her comics in details, except for the red hair and age. But we’ll have to see when we get to the episode where her parents show up, since we know they’ve been cast.

If you love Harper Row, Cullen Row, and Duela Dent…maybe you’ll dig it? I like Harper, but not in the phase of life they’re putting her in, and I strongly dislike Duela Dent.

Harvey Dent actually has some good acting moments.

But Turner Hayes…I honestly don’t understand anything about the character. Won’t spoil it until more people have watched the show, but I just have so many questions from top to bottom.

1 Like

Watched the first episode. I’m not connected to any of these characters, to be honest. Only reason I watched it is because it’s DC. So no expectations on my part. Did I like it? It’s alright. Feels like your average teenage Scooby gang show, this time with a Gotham twist. I did find myself asking “Why?” a lot during the episode. Why the original character in Turner? Why is Batman dead? Why another Gotham show without, you know, the guy? Only answer I could think of is “Why not?” There’s nothing really all that compelling about it, yet. However, it’s not unwatchable like Naomi was. It’s an ok time. Will I continue watching? First episode was serviceable enough to do so. Will I be recommending it to friends & family? Probably not, at least not yet.

3 Likes