New Trailer for the Gotham Knights TV Show

A new trailer for The Gotham Knights TV show dropped, as well as a trailer for the night of Superman and Lois and Gotham Knights coming out.

Got to say they are an improvement on that first trailer and the Batcave looked awesome, especially for a TV show version. Not saying I am convined this will be a surprise hit, but I am hoping for a pleasant surprise, even if prepared for the worst…

7 Likes

I can’t be sure Gotham knights will be good because the trailer are still fairly awful.
Yet I’m curious where they will take the series.

The biggest problem for Gotham knights, one that Batwoman faced, was that the CW is limited on what they are able to put onto screen and the quality of their appearance varies depending on how long they are able to use them and the budget limits their comic book counterpart abilities.

7 Likes

Stargirl and Superman and lois are the outlier because they weren’t financed in-house and instead worked under by different studios.

8 Likes

Am I the only one who forgot this was a thing for a couple of months?

5 Likes

I’m not interested in it. Time to move on from CW network. Being in the mid 40s I’m not into watching teenager show, that ended with Stargirl for me.

7 Likes

I think it looks terrible, but I’m going to watch at least some of it because of Cullen being in it. I am absolutely the kind of person to watch an entire show because of one character. That is all I have to say about the trailer.

5 Likes

There’s some good production design and potentially some good action, but…yeah, that looked pretty bad. The only question is are we going to have a Riverdale situation, where it’s so bad it’s good, or will it just be a bland, blah mess? I’m hoping for the former, at least that can be fun.

5 Likes

I agree that this new trailer is better than the first one, but that’s like losing only one leg compared to losing two legs. A really terrible, terrible trailer full of bad writing and really unimaginative visuals. I really wish I could get excited about Stephanie Brown’s second appearance in live action, but…

5 Likes

I thought the show got canceled…

8 Likes

I imagine since they have a full season of a show, they’ll probably just air what they have and not order more. With the way CW is going, I would be shocked if they order more seasons of any DC show at this point.

6 Likes

That rumor got spread around after Batgirl got axed when almost finished and then Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow. After that it seemed feasable given the trailer was so poorly recieved. But CW never actually announced it was cancelled and went into production not long after the trailer. Can’t say I am surprised a lot believed it was though, sure that won’t bode well for the show but hardly the only thing it will have going against it.

I think Superman and Lois has a shot. It was one of their highest rated, the new owners of CW mentioned it along with Kung Fu and Walker as shows they were impressed with, and it does bring in more of an older audience they seem to want then most other shows on CW.

I would not bet money on it or anything or be surprised if it doesn’t get another season. ButI think it is on the short list of CW shows that has a shot of getting renewed.

7 Likes

The show kind of lost me with how they are doing it.

3 Likes

At best this will be a entertaining trainwreck.

7 Likes

I didn’t reply to this earlier because I wanted to look it up. But despite the rumors it has been pretty much debunked that Superman and Lois is funded by HBO MAX as so many have stated. And I really don’t see why HBO MAX would pay for and make a show that premiered on network TV first and didn’t make it to MAX until months later. Such a deal wouldn’t make sense and several sites have debunked it. I think a lot believe it because people who said for years that CW produces “cheap garbage” find it easier to believe that someone else must have made the one series they like, rather than just accept it is an exception to the rule.

Stargirl was made for DC Universe so yeah the first season was financed by them and CW had nothing to do with the making of it, but by all accounts CW has financed and made the last 2 seasons of the show and again why would HBO MAX be footing the bill for a show that airs on CW first and they don’t even stream until months after the season ends.

Don’t get me wrong, I highly doubt (unless the trailers are REALLY misleading) that Gotham Knights is going to be as good or have the production values of Stargirl and Superman and Lois. It seems very much to be made in the traditional CW mold of “on the cheap”. But I kind of feel people do CW dirty by trying to re-write history that the two DC shows that seem to put the extra effort in are because someone else did it. I mean maybe I missed something not like I did weeks of extensive research and have an in with Warner Brothers. But it feels like people just don’t want to give CW credit when they did go above and beyond but all indications are CW is the one who made thos shows.

5 Likes

This trailer is better than that first one, but it still doesn’t impress me. My initial reaction is that I wish they would have kept Legends of Tomorrow and Stargirl instead of picking up this. Of course, I could be wrong (I hope I’m wrong). I have seen shows with awful trailers that turned out to be good and vice versa.

5 Likes

Well, GK doesn’t look as bad as it once did, but…it still looks pretty crummy.

If the CW wanted a teen-based, Gotham-centric show that Batman couldn’t appear in, why not just adapt Gotham Academy (Maps needs a LA debut at some point)?

4 Likes

Or have Batman go missing

3 Likes

The Netflix deal was what was funding the Arrowverse shows. That’s why they would get renewed, despite so-so ratings in the middle of the season. If that’s the production values for a CW show that Netflix subsidizes, it would really surprise me if CW would fund something that’s considerably more expensive then the Arrowverse all on its own. My impression was that Superman & Lois, as well as Stargirl, get to HBO Max almost instantly, so WB had an excuse to be contributing to it. But I’ve done less research than you, so I’m no expert

6 Likes

The idea that Bruce would get killed in the street like the show is implying is ludicrous

4 Likes

True. I am way sturdier.

3 Likes