New Trailer for Shazam! Fury of the Gods

Great question! I haven’t heard anything about a premier/screening event for Shazam, but keep an eye out–if I hear that it’s happening, the DC Community will be the first to know!

4 Likes

Seconding this inquiry, especially since attendees of the DCU Fan Event in 2019 got to attend a screening of Shazam on the WB lot which, to quote Felix, “Was awesome to attend!”

My first WB lot screening…you always remember your first. :slight_smile:

Anywho, this trailer made me say “Holy moley!” and then some. I was already sold on the flick from the get-go, but this look at it definitely sweetened the pot.

SN: I’m surprised at the evidently lacking amount of merchandise for Fury of the Gods. Lego hasn’t shown anything, nor has Spin Master and at this point, McFarlane Toys only has one figure out (Shazam himself, which is a rad piece).

S’up with that, WBCP? Folks would like a Helen Mirren action figure, P/TY.

5 Likes

Check out the response that I gave Felix above! :point_up_2:

3 Likes

Saw it before I posted. Just wanted to toss another emphasis/interest coin into the 'ol Screening Bucket. :wink:

SN: If a FOTG screening is too late to get set-up at this point in time, a Blue Beetle screening would be rad.

5 Likes

Noted!

Luckily, we have a handful of awesome movies coming out this year, so stay tuned down the road!

5 Likes

IKR?

Shazam in March, The Flash on June 16th (the same day Batman Forever dropped in theaters in 1995), Blue Beetle in August and Aquaman on :fireworks: Christmas Day :fireworks:! :partying_face:

SN: Ho-ho-ho! Seeing Aquaman on or after Christmas is the way to go! :santa:

Its an absolute embarassment of hopefully glorious cinematic riches, and I’m quite excited for all of the brand’s big screen LA output this year.

Especially The Flash and its merchandise, because the 4-inch scale Burton Batmobile (which includes Flash and Batman figures) that Spin Master is coming out with looks quite wicked and then some.

4 Likes

Hi, thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here. :smile:

2 Likes

I am seeing report after report saying this movie is tracking to be a huge bomb. Hopefully this pulls a Jurassic World type shocker or it has great legs.

2 Likes

I am surprised that it’s tracking to be a bomb - the first movie wasn’t amazing at the box office, but it also wasn’t super expensive comparatively, so hopefully this one will be the same!

4 Likes

The current expectation is it will make less than 80% of the first film in its first weekend, and sequels normally perform worse for the lifetime but better in the opening weekend, so that is a very bad sign if it stands. I say the film should target 125 million domestically.

2 Likes

Hopefully, fans will see it in theaters, so as to give the movie support and do what they can to give it good momentum while on the big screen.

3 Likes

Well some movies become successes despite terrible theater performances. Waterworld was a famous bomb, but it made its money back through water shows, and many people love it now. Pat was so happy when I got it for his birthday. (OOC: Yes, my dad loves Waterworld and he probably put it on every day for 2 weeks).

3 Likes

Aware, but if we’re crossing our fingers for a DC movie to perform well, then hopefully we’ll support it, once the time to do so comes. :slight_smile:

SN: Tickets for Fury of the Gods are on-sale as we speak.

Waterworld was and is a ton of fun. Never understood the silly negativity towards it, most of which was because of its price tag ($175 million).

Like…people thought a movie was bad just because of how expensive it was? Silly, silly.

…and yes, Waterworld had its share of behind the scenes issues as well, but people were, for whatever reason, ridiculously fixated on the budget beyond everything else.

Moviegoer 1: “Well, Waterworld cost a lot to make, so it must stink.”

Moviegoer 2: “I concur. Let’s go see The Prophecy, instead.”

I’ve been a fan of Waterworld since before its theatrical debut and I’ll remain one. Make mine Mariner (with the exception of his…“ocean beverage”). :nerd_face:

slides a package of Tic Tacs Mariner’s way

2 Likes

With John Wick 4 coming out a week later I imagine it’s not gonna do too great after opening weekend.

2 Likes

This could be a problem. I knew they should have cast Keanu Reeves as Mr. Mind.

2 Likes

Keanu Reeves Whoa GIF - Keanu Reeves Whoa Matrix GIFs

4 Likes

The first film had a 2.47 multiplier. 2 is projected to open at 35-40 million. That means if it gets that it makes between 86.46 million and 98.801 million. Sequels are normally more front loaded, so again hopefully those projected numbers are false, or this will be a big bomb.

1 Like

Super Mario moving its release date makes the box office expectations even worse. I can’t wait for the big day for one of two things.

1- get the bad news over with

2 and prefered- we see the melt as everybody realizes the projections were wrong Jurassic World style and reverse of Birds of Prey.

2 Likes

I finally have some good box office news. The Paramount Plus episodes for Kids finally changed their commercials, and they include one for this movie. The rumors that WB was dismissing it as a failure and cutting their losses by not advertising it are false.

2 Likes

Honestly I was rooting for this movie until Zachery Levi started sharing Anti-Vaxx lunacy on his Twitter. Now I dunno if i’m even gonna go see it anymore.

No interest in The Flash either given its lead is a criminal.

Oh well at least there’s still Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 to look forward to!

Man DC/WB really need to do a better job of vetting their actors before they fill a role, ecspecially a lead one.

But yeah if this had come out in December before Levi’s lunacy I definitely would have gone to see it, but now, I just dunno.

2 Likes