New to Doom Patrol Would Like Some New Suggestions

I loved the show and ended up buying it on DVD and i wanted to start reading the series. I would love some suggestions on what comic arcs to read. any feedback would be much appreciated I really fell in love with Crazy Jane and Robot Man so any favorite arcs with heavy stories of either would be awesome.
Thank you for any input

4 Likes

Imma be honest, just read them all. There aren’t too many, but what there is is amazing

2 Likes

Start with Crawling from the Wreckage. If you start with earlier titles, you will wonder why the DP is the way it is in the series. If you start later you will, I am sad to say, probably be completely lost.

3 Likes

Very easy my friend, If you wish to start from the begining, then start with the original series from the 60s it was called My Strange Adventure, but changed into The Doom Patrol shortly after. It’s not nessessary to read, but it’s cool to see where they came from.

Doom Patrol 60s

If your not interested in that, then go right to Doom Patrol #19: Crawling from the Wreckage by Grant Morrison. There may be references to past characters and events, but there not that important. I would also recommend turning off your mind when reading it, the book can get really weird and it’s better once you accept what is happening without over thinking it. If you love the show, you will notice several stories and concepts appear in this run.

Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison

3 Likes

Make sure you don’t stop when Morrison starts and you read the Rachel Pollack years because she’s amazing.

2 Likes

I started with the grant Morrison run and I love it so far on issue 49 right now I’ve been binge reading like crazy

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion I can’t wait to read it.

I started with Morrison and I’m in love with it right now, going to finish the entire run, it’s so good.

Thank you so much for the information. So far Morrison run is my favorite.

After Morrison’s run just hop over to the Young Animal series. It’s also good.

1 Like

Awesome adding to my list now thank you

1 Like

Do it man. Morrison did, imo, the best DP run. Tell me what you think after you finish them all

1 Like

For sure work has been slowing me down with reading but I’m a decent amount done.

1 Like