[New to DCUI Book Club] June 22nd 2021 Curated Selection

The [New to DCUI Book Club] presents: a curated selection of what to consider reading from this week’s new releases today, June 22nd, 2021, on DC Universe Infinite!

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/collections/new-to-read-dcu-row-alt

The big big news this week is the start of writer Ram V’s Catwoman!

If you didn’t already, jump on now and find out what the buzz is all about with this hot new writer in Catwoman #28! DC UNIVERSE INFINITE

Brian Bendis’ Superman run ends this week with Superman #28 ; looks like Superman & Lois to me!

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE It’s the Man of Steel’s last stand in this final Superman tale by the superstar team of Brian Michael Bendis, Ivan Reis, and Joe Prado!

Batman’s world is also featured this week with both The Next Batman: Second Son #4 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE

And Batman #105 ,

continuing the Ghostmaker storyline we’ve been following: DC UNIVERSE INFINITE

The Ghostmaker storyline began in Batman #100 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE , and is continuing through this issue.

Six months ago the Death Metal epic had just wound down, and that December 2020 the 8-part “ Endless Winter ” crossover event started up! We continue this week covering all 8 issues of that storyline with these next 3 chapters to the story (in this order):

Chapter 4: Aquaman #66 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE Can Arthur and Mera convince a ferocious collective of Fire Trolls to emerge from the Earth’s very core?

Chapter 5: Justice League #58 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE In the past, Queen Hippolyta, Swamp Thing, and Viking Prince witness a terrible decision made by Black Adam-one that will haunt them forever.

Chapter 6: Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special #1

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE Crush, Roundhouse, Kid Flash, and Red Arrow embark on a bonding exercise with new partners from the original New Teen Titans: Donna Troy and Beast Boy- then a new kid with Ice Powers shows up….

Please let us know which comics you decided to choose yourself this time around to read, and what you liked or didn’t like about them this time around.

Have a probing question for the rest of us to discuss and ponder concerning one of these titles? Please post here.

If you like, display favorite panels as well! Let’s celebrate this week’s haul on DC Universe Infinite!!

2 Likes

First up, this exciting new Catwoman writer!

1 Like

I’ve been loving Ram V.'s CATWOMAN so far. I started at 30 for whatever reason though, so I’m excited to get to go back to 28 now!

1 Like

I just finished Catwoman 28. Even though I have not been following the comic it was easy to read and not to be confused by the cast of characters.

It very much had the feeling of Gotham Central. I think the art style was part of that, along with various police officers taking up a huge chunk of the story.

Great first issue for this run. Even though I’m a little cautious about it, I am finding this character with all the biblical quotes at least somewhat intriguing with his intent:

The mission of Catwoman to somehow make the lives of kids living on the street a little safer is heartwarming. The violence shown here seems very very relevant to the hot summer violence in the large cities of our country that we’re already seeing erupt.

1 Like

Excellent review. I still need to get around to this one, but I am current from 30 on and Father Valley is an awesome character in my opinion.

The CATWOMAN ANNUAL 2021 that drops next week is supposed to give us his origin so I’m excited for that.

1 Like

Definitely consider catching up on the run. It starts with Catwoman #25, so it’s still pretty early on.

2 Likes

Wow, the ending of the Batman / Ghostmaker story this time around was excellent! Love the way it all falls into place in the end, great fictional logic, emotional logic, top notch!

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/batman-2016-105/cfa5a36c-3618-4033-bb22-590641c29480/

I’m an old guy, I’ve moved around a lot, and like these two, I’ve had a good friend or two that didn’t end well, where we just kind of had to go our separate ways. But I also have friends across the decades that survived the inevitable clashes that come up if everyone is really being theirselves- including my friendship with my wife of 47 years. Like these two, we went our separate ways for a bit, about 10 months back in 2000 or so. But somehow, against the odds we got back together and here we are in 2021 fighting crime again together in Gotham…wait, what?