[New To DCUI Book Club] July 27th New Releases Curated Selection post!

The [New to DCUI Book Club] presents: A curated selection of what to consider reading from this week’s new releases on DC Universe Infinite July 27th, 2021!

(Nathan’s suggestions):

Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman #1 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE

This is a Diana book unlike no other. Basically the final story ever to be told about the DC Universe, it does a great job teasing what Diana will gain from her ascendence in Death Metal.

Future State: The Next Batman #2
https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/future-state-the-next-batman-2/e38d96c7-7fa8-4cc6-85a5-24652affacd2/

Continuing where we left off last time, but with a great Batgirls and a decent Gotham City Sirens book with Catwoman and Ivy!

Future State: Nightwing #1DC UNIVERSE INFINITE

Why is Dick Grayson in Arkham Asylum? This is a great story that fills in details about the goals and objectives of the Resistance.

(Don-el’s suggestions)

Icon and Rocket: Season One #1 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE

Immediate digital access on DC Universe Infinite for this new series! Would you have given “Rocket” a chance like this so soon after what she was part of earlier? Why or why not?

Static Season One : #2 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE

Another “immediate digital release”, the New to DCUI Book Club continues to follow along with this rebooted storyline. Do you like the “new” Static more than the “former” version? Why or why not?

Please let us know which comics you decided to choose yourself this time around to read, and what you liked or didn’t like about them this time around.

Have a probing question for the rest of us to discuss and ponder concerning one of these titles? Please post here.

If you like, display favorite panels as well! Let’s celebrate this week’s haul on DC Universe Infinite!!

2 Likes

Is that 2 MILESTONE BOOKS!?!?!?! LET’S GO!!!

2 Likes

I had read this before, but I’ve only just read Death Metal for the first time on DCUI. So I thought I’d revisit it now that I have better context for where Diana’s at here. I’ll just share a couple of favorite panels as I love her design in this:

Has she ever looked more gorgeous? :heart_eyes:

Or more bad:black_medium_square::black_medium_square::black_medium_square:? :star_struck:

Also cool to see what Nubia’s up to before she gets her own series later this year. I really enjoyed the next issue, too, so I look forward to hearing what people think when it drops on DCUI!

2 Likes

The streak of grey is great, and thankfully no eyepatch…yet lol.

1 Like

Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman #1

For some reason I feel like I read this first story or at least part of it in a preview. One of those super sad end of time stories, I hope that the current comics aren’t reflecting this particular version of Future Earth, this is super sad stuff. Again I seem to recall when these came out 6 months ago the premise was these were potential future or not necessarily the ones that DC was going to run with three months later.

The Nubia story is okay… until they introduce the Aunt and all the silly made up mysticism (IMO). There’s such a quality difference between the classic Greek and Roman mythology that’s been mixed into the Wonder Woman stories the past 80 years and somebody just making up stuff that’s supposed to be mythology that really isn’t. With the young brash Brazilian Wonder Woman during the humorous trip to Hades that they do in her first issue of Future State that we just read, even though that’s highly stylized “Sandman” modern (Frequent Traveler Points LOL), at least it leans into classic Greek mythology with Charon etc.

Future State: The Next Batman #2

The title story continues to be intriguing and well- written. Ms. Fox’s dilemma of finding a legal basis for the Magistrate’s use of force was compelling.

I wasn’t super excited by most of the 2nd story of Batgirls in jail, maybe it was the setting, maybe it was the artwork.

The last story with the Sirens was a tad too fanciful, the ending was rather jarring. Dead heroes everywhere, poor Slam.

Such a great book!!! (The ending of #2…So GOOD)

1 Like