[New to DCUI Book Club] Infinite Frontier Has Arrived on DC Universe Infinite This Week September 7th 2021 Curated Selection

[New to DCUI Book Club] presents: a curated selection of what to consider reading from this week’s new releases September 7th , 2021 on DC Universe Infinite!

Infinite Frontier begins!

Infinite Frontier Has Arrived on DC Universe Infinite This Week

Infinite Frontier #0 Infinite Frontier #0 This oversized, all-star issue kicks off the next great era of storytelling and excitement as top writers and artists reveal what’s next for the World’s Greatest Heroes and opens the door to some of the greatest stories of 2021.

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #4 Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #4 Enter the Totality, a superpoweerd think tank comprised of the DCU’s finest minds!

Batman #106 Batman (2016-) #106 Batman and his new ally, Ghost-Maker, must reckon with a new gang operating in Gotham City (tied for best looking book this week with The Swamp Thing #1, see below!).

The Swamp Thing #1 The Swamp Thing #1 Unable to control his transformation into the monstrous Swamp Thing, Levi is thrust into the harsh, unforgiving mystery of grisly murders committed by a supernatural desert legend.

Suicide Squad #1 Suicide Squad (2021-) #1 Amanda Waller-now back in control of the Squad-sends a new Squad into Arkham Asylum to “recruit” the deadly Court of Owls assassin Talon while she interviews another new candidate: Superboy!!!

Crime Syndicate #1 Crime Syndicate #1 A reboot that has a real kick to it, Earth 3 like you’ve never ever seen it before after Death Metal! Hint: US capital “Washington” is now named “Arnold” after Benedict Arnold.

Animation / Movie Comics: For Harley Quinn: The Animated Series: The Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour #2 and Suicide Squad: King Shark #3 this week, check out this thread: Harley’s Crew | Book Club Wks 52-54 | Summer Reading: King & Harley - #23 by DC89

Poll, vote now! Which comic has the best eye-popping artwork this time around:

• Batman #106 Infinite Frontier
  • The Swamp Thing #1 Infinite Frontier

0 voters

Please let us know which comics you decided to choose yourself this time around to read, and what you liked or didn’t like about them this time around.

2 Likes

Oh, my, a poll!!!

2 Likes

I’ve been keeping up with Batman but not much else of Infinite Frontier. Suicide Squad looks good and so does Swamp Thing. I’ll have to start reading them now.

2 Likes

I’ve read Crime Syndicate and Batman so far for this week.

I read Infinite Frontier # 0 when it came out 6 months ago, bought it on Comixology in digital format.

2 Likes

I just read Suicide Squad #1 and I liked it. I’ll have to read Crime Syndicate and Swamp Thing later.

I forgot that I did keep up with the Infinite Frontier mini-series and I really enjoyed that one. That was a solid event series.

I still need to go back and read the rest of Future State. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

While checking out the art for the Swamp Thing #1 just now., I ended up reading the whole thing …excellent excellent artwork and story!

2 Likes

I really liked Crime Syndicate. Will be interesting to see where this goes.
Nice to see the regular characters coming back in Infinite Frontier also.

3 Likes

Me too. It actually is very different from the usual way the Crime Syndicate is presented.

2 Likes

No The Swamp Thing #1 art fans out there?

2 Likes

Really cool art for sure!!!

2 Likes

Still no love for the Swamp Thing art in the poll huh?

The line work is incredible!

1 Like

Look Swamp Thing has great art, but Batman’s cyberpunk art full of bright colors and reflections juxtaposed with Scarecrows horror is really no contest. Jorge Jimenez is that good.

2 Likes

There’s no denying that was gorgeous art with eye-popping color!

1 Like