[New to DCU] Weekly Releases: Batman and the Outsiders #1 and Flash #70 (Year One: Part One)

For the New to DCU for this week, first week of June, I mainly am planning to read The WildStorm 23, but I assume almost nobody else will want to jump on board on that one since you really do need to read that one from issue 1.

I actually bought the physical copies of this up to #22 and then dropped buying physical DC comics almost entirely because of DC Universe at this time a year ago.

I sure hope we still have internet a year from now so I can continue to enjoy reading digital comics on DC Universe then, but Iā€™m beginning to wonderā€¦

I finished Flash: Year One. I dont wanna spoil it since itā€™s not completed here on DCU. I enjoyed the fight between Flash and the Turtle. I was a bit confused with the last chapter and wasnā€™t too crazy for it.

I donā€™t know if this counts, but I have the Heroes in Crisis trade and read it back in the Fall. I think Iā€™m one of the few people who liked it lol. I wish they explored more on the ā€œheroes experiencing PTSDā€ because thatā€™s what caught my attention. I have the other trade that goes with Heroes in Crisis (the side stories) and the sequel Flash Forward. But I havenā€™t gotten around to reading them. For Flash Forward, I was waiting to have all 6 issues in my possession since they released a month apart.

And lastly, I finally caught up in the Adventures of the Super Sons. I love the Super Sons! I bought the omnibus sometime last year when I started collecting comics and fell in love. I wasnā€™t sure if they were going to continue the series. So maybe you can imagine my surprise and how happy I was to see Adventures of the Super Sons releasing on DCU. Jon and Damianā€™s dynamic is the best. I wish they continue it more, but Iā€™m pretty sure this 12-issue series is the last. I heard it was because theyā€™re doing something with Jon that makes it impossible to show up in Super Sons?

Iā€™m trying to make time for the books I have stacked in my room. I know these arenā€™t on DCU and probably wonā€™t be. But Iā€™ll probably read the DC Ink, Gotham High, and the Justice League manga next.

Gotham High might end up being all cheesy. But Iā€™m keeping an open mind. Something I found out during this past year of collecting comics and DC stuff, I tend to like things most people donā€™t lol! Iā€™ve been interested in checking out the Justice League manga after a member in this community showed it to me. I bought all 3 volumes :joy::ok_hand:

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome! I didnā€™t know new 52 inspired anime was a thingā€¦

1 Like

Its description: ā€œA young boy from Japan travels to Gotham City on a mission. A year before, his two parentsā€“both scientistsā€“were presumably killed in an explosion that destroyed an experimental power plant. But the boy believes they may still be alive. At the very least, heā€™s determined to find out what actually happened. But his quest soon leads to a run-in with some powerful forcesā€“forces that require help from both Batman and the Justice League!ā€

And the other 2 volume covers:

Thereā€™s also the Batmanga from the 60s by Jiro Kuwata

1 Like

Looks fun!

2 Likes

I agree, those look cool. Iā€™ve never gotten into Anime, but those would draw my attention.

1 Like

New releases Tuesday here on DC Universe today! Here are the ones Iā€™m planning to peruse this week, how are you?

That cover from DCeased reminds me of how it could get on this server back when we were Community 1.0, black screen background, around spring 2019 just as we were starting to get the full digital library and how mad it could get with the discussions. Community 1.0 didnā€™t have quite the safeguards of who can suddenly show up here on the server and cause mischief.

Expect a new post for the club tonight where we will read DCeased #2, Justice League #25, and Heroes in Crisis #1-9. We are going to debate and discuss the highly controversial book and what we like and donā€™t like about it.

2 Likes

While weā€™re waiting for Young Nathan to post the new reading, Iā€™m excited to read these two issues out of the new batch this week on DC Universe.

Oh, and the Flash that is new to DCU this week as well!

How about you?

My computer is down and writing anything is near impossible right now. Iā€™m barely getting through DCW writing on my phone. It should be back in a week though.

1 Like