[New to DCU] Comics Coming 9/3/19

Hey everyone!! It’s that time again. New comics, new digitized comics, and of course New Book Clubs!!!
The format as always is

1. New to DCU

2. Newly Digitized

3. The Big Stuff this week

4. Starting Points

5. Starting Volumes

6. Ending Volumes

7. Announcements

8. New to DCU
    Phase 1 (DC Universe: Rebirth #1 - Justice: No Justice)
    Batgirl Annual #2

Phase 2 (Justice: No Justice -)
Batgirl #26
Nightwing Annual #1
The Silencer Annual #1
Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual #2

Miscellaneous
Catwoman/ Tweety and Slyvester Special #1
Harley Quinn/Gossamer Special #1
Joker/Daffy Duck Special #1
Lex Luthor/Porky Pig Special #1

1. Newly Digitized
    Batman Family #18
    Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Commissioner Gordan #1
    Deadman: Dead Again #4
    Detective Comics #323
    Doom Patrol #14
    House of Mystery #177
    House of Secrets #108
    Legion of Superheroes Annual #4
    Superman’s Girl Friend Lois Lane #13
    World Without End #4

2. The Big Stuff This Week

Talk about a quiet week… For those curious it’s a 5th wednesday of the month scenario SO fewer comics are released.
However, Batgirl #26 kicks off the new run of Batgirl officially. (Might want to read the first story of Batgirl #25 though). This run features a new costume for Batgirl next issue.

1. Jumping on Points:

I guess you could read the Looney Toon Specials?

1. Starting Volumes:

Red Hood Outlaw: Requiem for an Archer
Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual #2
Red Hood: Outlaw #26-31

DC meets Looney Toons Vol. 2 (AND ENDING)
Catwoman/ Tweety and Slyvester Special #1
Harley Quinn/Gossamer Special #1
Joker/Daffy Duck Special #1
Lex Luthor/Porky Pig Special #1

1. Ending Volumes

Batgirl: Strange Loop
Batgirl #18-24
Batgirl Annual #2

1. Announcements

Why was this late? I was wrapping up Overboy Vol. 1. The story of a world where Superman is a Nazi but everyone IS WAY MORE nuanced. Except Hitler, you can’t nuance Hitler. Vol. 1 is the Rise and Fall of Overman and Vol. 2 is OverSons. So strap on your seat belts for what DC Universe Member Nu52 called “My best work yet.”

Also I’ll be kicking off New to DCU Book Club Again shortly. I’m going to try to get some input from people to make it more popular.

Also from the New to DCU Line expect another Summary of:

-Nathan.Payson (Your friendly neighborhood reporter)

6 Likes

Thanks for posting as always. Yeah this week comes up once in awhile I’m almost thinking it happens once every 3 months where there’s next to no comics published. I would think for the members of the podcast in particular the newly digitized from the past is going to cause some excitement with House of Mystery, House of Secrets… for myself, the Lois Lane, '63 Detective and Legion issues will need reviewed and Legion cataloged.

But yeah there’s so little new I suppose I’ll have to look at the new Batgirl issue. I haven’t really been a big fan since Rebirth of that particular comic

Yikes the comics from last week are still posted in New This Week in Comics… hopefully it’s because of the holidays

The new Comics are in the library just not posted on the intro page yet.

1 Like

All updated now, yeaaaay!

1 Like

If your curious, the same thing happens when Monday is a national holiday, so I wouldn’t worry.

1 Like

Batgirl 26 …hate to say it but …not that good

@Don-El The cover of that mag is a little…odd in its placement of characters as well.