[New to DCU] Comics Coming 9/24/19

Hey everyone!! It’s that time again. New comics, new digitized comics, and of course New Book Clubs!!!
The format as always is

1. New to DCU

2. Newly Digitized

3. The Big Stuff this week

4. Starting Points

5. Starting Volumes

6. Ending Volumes

7. Nathan Recommends

8. Announcements

9. New to DCU
    Phase 1 (DC Universe: Rebirth #1 - Justice: No Justice)
    Green Lanterns #55
    New Challengers #5

Phase 2 (Justice: No Justice-)
Aquaman #40
Batman #55
Damage #9
Harley Quinn #50
Justice League #8
Nightwing #49
Teen Titans #22

Misc.
Injustice Vs. The Masters of the Universe #3
The Wildstorm #17

Not coming to DCU but out that week unless I’m mistaken
Batman Damned #1
Mister Miracle #11
Pearl #2

1. Newly Digitized
    Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Red Robin #1
    Deadman (2001) #2
    Detective Comics #326
    Doom Patrol #18
    Hourman #23
    House of Mystery #180
    House of Secrets #111
    Nathaniel Dusk #2
    Superman (1939) #4
    Superman’s Girlfriend Lois Lane #15
    Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #2

2. The Big Stuff This Week

• Batman #55 is maybe the most important issue of Batman #51-74. Didn’t say the best, I said most important. I’m not going to spoil it, but it will have a big impact on DC moving forward.

• Aquaman #40 is the end of the Suicide Squad crossover Sink Atlantis. How will Atlantis fare when the Suicide Squad tries to blow it up. It all ends here!

• Harley Quinn #50. Harley breaks continuity by reading Issue 50 of Harley Quinn before she did #50! So continuity is broken! Which asks the question, did the comic book #50 version of Harley Quinn read the issue early? And so on and so forth?

1. Starting points
  • Harley Quinn #50 starts a new arc and thanks to DCU Book Club, people are all reading it at least somewhat together now! Great time to jump in.

-Justice League #8 though knowing some continuity going in would be nice. It isn’t imperative to enjoying the second arc. For anyone interested in reading the Drowned Earth crossover, this is a must read! It also starts to move the ball rolling, but should be fairly accessible.

1. Starting Volumes

Harley Quinn: Harley Destroys the Universe
Harley Quinn #50
Harley Quinn #51-54
Harley Quinn #56

Justice League: Graveyard of Gods
Justice League #8
Justice League #9-10

Nightwing: The Bleeding Edge
Nightwing #44-47
Nightwing Annual #1
Nightwing #48-49

1. Ending Volumes

Event: Aquaman/Suicide Squad: Sink Atlantis
Suicide Squad #45
Aquaman #39
Suicide Squad #46
Aquaman #40

1. Nathan Recommends
    New SEGMENT!! Every week, I will recommend 5 comics based on importance to the continuity or my favorite series FROM the [New to DCU] batch. Then I’ll have a post titled "[New to DCU] What did you think of this week’s titles 9/23/19. I’ll moderate the discussion and use Nathan Recommendations to try to steer the conversation. You guys read these series so why not talk about them!

I Recommend in order

1. Batman #55
    2.Harley Quinn #50
    3.Justice League #8
    4.Aquaman #40
    5.Teen Titans #22

2. Announcements
    Hey other then the new post to the [New to DCU] Family! Leave you DCU Pull list.

My Pull List:
Aquaman #40
Batman #55
Harley Quinn #50
Justice League #8
Teen Titans #22

HAHA That’s my recommendations. Hmmmm…. I’m also finishing Batman: Cataclysm so…

-Nathan.Payson
(Your Friendly Neighborhood Reporter)

5 Likes

Let’s see now, what shall I add to my Weekly Reading List?

I already read Batman #55, so I’ll skip that one.
Have to read Justice League #8 (but still haven’t read #7 from last week, guess I’ll read two at once!)
I will absolutely take a look-see at Newly Digitized Detective 326, LL 15 and JO 2.

Other than that, Injustice vs The Masters of the Universe #3 may again be a triple play where I read all three issues this week. I do like a lot of Tim Seeley’s writing (like Revival, brrrr). I seem to recall Freddie E. Williams II can draw decently as well!

Once the Wildstorm gets past issue 22 or 22, I’ll pick up the last two issues here as well. Great great fun story!

Thanks NP!

1 Like

Always love it when Harley Quinn and Damage come out the same week. 2 of the three titles I am reading as they are released on DCU (the third one is the Bendis Superman if anyone was wondering).

I looked up Nathan Dusk and didn’t realize he was apparently part of Doomsday Clock which I haven’t read yet. Glad I saw that because with last weeks was baffled why they were digitizing Nathan Dusk of all things. lol.

1 Like

Footnote, the Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen comics actually appeared last week

Really… Eye roll…

@DanTheManOne1 are you into Action Comics or Supergirl or just Superman. The three series make up the family and tell the full story of Bendis Superman. Supergirl is the story of Rogal Zar. Action Comics is the fires and prep for Event Leviathan, and Superman is the Space Opera-like story.

1 Like

Oh joy, the beginning of Ric Grayson is upon us. How blessed we are.

Passive-aggressive commentary on DC’s stupidity regarding Batman’s first sidekick aside, I do like this lineup of new issues.