[New to DCU] Book Club: Week 6: Flash: :flash_hv_1: Reckoning of the Forces (2016 #52-57):flash_hv_1:

Hey Everyone Click here for my Weekly Note!

Hey everyone! Welcome to our humble abode!! Thanks to everyone who joined us last week and anyone joining us for the first time this week! This club is for those who WANT to get into current comics that are just arriving on DCU. The first 9 weeks will be called The Groundwork. The Groundwork will focus on reading the series which define all the current stuff. Groundwork is changing with some frequency, so make sure to click the drop-down to see what’s coming! The week after this is focused on Batman. Next month will be the month of Smaller Characters!

The Groundwork

Week 1: Justice League: No Justice by Scott Snyder
Week 2: Justice League: The Totality by Scott Snyder
Week 3: Batman: The Wedding (and the optional tie-in)
Week 4: Detective Comics: On the Outside by Brian Hill.
Week 5: Flash War by Josh Williamson
Week CRISIS: Dark Nights Metal
Week 6: Flash: Reckoning of the Forces by Josh Williamson
Week 7: Batman: Cold Days by Tom King
Week 8: Justice League: Graveyard of Gods by Scott Snyder

January: Smaller Characters

Week 1: Green Arrow: Citizen’s Arrest
Week 2: Batgirl: Art of Crime
Week 3: Teen Titans: Full Throttle
Week 4: Catwoman: Copycats
Week 5: Hawkman: Awakening

February will focus on bigger characters again!

Remember: Every week, you get to vote on which stories to keep reading and which ones to drop.

So let’s talk about Flash: Reckoning of the Forces

Official Description

In these stories from THE FLASH #52-57, Barry Allen races to the House of Heroes at the center of the Multiverse to meet with the Flashes of 52 worlds for info on the new forces he’s recently encountered. Meanwhile, in Central City, Trickster’s turning informant against Warden Wolfe, but that brings about a sneak attack that Barry and the time-lost Commander Cold must team up to stop—if they can quit butting heads long enough to do so.

:books: WHAT TO READ :books:
Flash(2016-) #52-57

:flash_hv_1:DISCUSSION QUESTIONS :flash_hv_1:

1. Is this your first time reading Flash: Reckoning of the Forces?
  2. What was the best moment in the story?
  3. How do you feel about Barry and Cold’s relationship
  4. Which arc in the overall volume is the best
  5. Which force is more interesting
  • Strength
  • Sage

0 voters

Should we keep reading Flash (2016)?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I would love to hear your general reactions to the story as well!

When: 2019-12-14T08:00:00Z2019-12-18T08:00:00Z
This weeks flair is TBD

Prime TBD

Want to join the club for an exclusive ever-changing flair, notifications, AND early access to reading orders? Join the club by clicking this link: DC Universe

Want to chat on discord? Use this link to join over 200 fans! https://discord.gg/kfSNQP6

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me on through messaging.
-----------------------
New to DCU Wiki

1 Like

a third of the way through. Poor Trickster…

@AntLeon I guess? I mean Trickster isn’t exactly weak…

That was before i finished the selection.

1 Like

Haha!

No, I’ve read these before, but this is the first time I’ve read them in binge mode, trade style.

I liked the souped up Trickster vs souped up Flash. That was pretty cool and the art was really good in that arch. The old villian returns reveal at the end of that was nice, too.

I’m glad they got it together in the end, but I think Barry’s attitude toward Cold was unfair. He did just recently yank Cold from all life as he knew it; I’d be rude and crotchety, toi, if I was Cold.

I liked the Trickster issues better; a lot of that was the art.

That being said, sage is more interesting, mainly because I still don’t exactly get what it is. An herb force? :flash_hv_4:

1 Like

I liked how the strength force has a gravity component to it.

@ralphsix i asked that very same question.

1 Like

@Nathan.Payson I read all but the last issue of this with you this summer during the other iteration of this club in Community 1.0. I’ll be happy to join in here and to finish that last issue. I’ll also join in when you come back to the Flash for sure.

Force quest definitely intrigues me. The plus Iris might be interesting as it plays out; sort of on the fence about it. if she delves into her other set of memories then i am in.

Fun read! These new forces are outrageous and way over the top with their power’s display, that’s for sure! A very wild trippy and almost dreamlike vision from the writer.

1 Like