[New to DCU] Book Club REBOOT! (The Groundwork) Week 1: Justice League: No Justice #1-4

Cool! Thanks for the info :star:

1 Like

Anytime!

1 Like
  1. Is this your first time reading Justice League: No Justice (2018)?
    No it wasn’t, but I was glad to reread it. I read it pretty recently though.
  2. What was the stand out moment in the story to you?
    The stand out moment for me was Mega Starro trying to control the omega titan. I know he probably wasn’t trying to sacrifice himself but I’d like to think he knew the risk. Let’s just hope they took a piece of him home. Also this was just brutal.
  3. Which team is your favorite? Entropy, Wisdom, Wonder, or Mystery
    Best interactions: Entropy hands down
    Favorite team: Wonder. I just enjoyed how they handled the nursery situation and Starro calling J’onn Marty.
  4. What did you think of the ending?
    After reading Dark Knights: Metal, the “Earthers” are just digging everyone into a bigger hole. I’m really curious to see how the cosmos handles the death of an omega titan AND hundreds of planets that have been gone for a long time.

Also honorable mention to Harley Quinn For keeping up with team Wisdom. I know she is a doctor and all but let’s be real the joker has her all messed up

1 Like

I really loved Harley in this too! She was hilarious.

Harley, for me, is a character who always works better when riffing off other characters, and this was a demonstration of that. Like, yeah, she’s nuts but she also knows exactly what’s going on and what you need to hear in that exact moment.

1 Like

Definitely agreed on Harley working with that group – but I think what makes it work is that for all her crazypants antics, she actually is a really gifted psychiatrist who’s really good at reading people and situations.

1 Like

Exactly that. It’s like she’s the most aware crazy person ever.

@Noyo What about plugging a into a dragon and breathing jellyfish which poops jellybeans which birth giraffes with necks the height of a planet. Hmmm What do you think?

1 Like

Honestly, I can’t wait for the day that Harley marries Poison Ivy and Joins the justice league? (Anyone…)

1 Like

I don’t about JL status, but her relationship w. Ivy is just so pure.

1 Like

I forgot about Starro’s dialog/personality in this. one of the many little interactions within his team

1 Like

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

1 Like

No one writes Starro like Scott Snyder!

I know this is from Metal, but this is still my favorite Starro panel ever.

2 Likes