NEW TEEN TITANS LINEUP (Opinions?)

The first Teen Titans comics I read were the new ones with Damian. Specifically, the lineup of Crush, Djinn, Kid Flash, Roundhouse, Red Arrow, and Damian. Although I have problem with the new characters, I really enjoy Wallace West, Emiko, and Damian in the series. What are y’alls opinions, since y’all have probably followed other Teen Titans comics for a while.

1 Like

Well, I’m not a huge fan of Changeling or Starfire, but-

Oh, wrong New Teen Titans.

2 Likes

I’m on a break from the current TT, but when I was reading it I really enjoyed Crush.

I gather Lobo has sired kids from one end of the galaxy to the other, so him having a daughter was a fun idea.

I love Damian so he’s a fav too.

1 Like

Ive only read like the first 15 or so issues of the rebirth Teen titans. I thought the Lazarus Contract was decent, its always fun to see Slade vs the team, feels nostalgic.

I thought the beginning arc with Damian was amusing and fun. Definitely a lighter title but I like what Percy has been able to do.

1 Like

I honestly expected to hate Crush (her design gave me New 52 Lobo flashbacks), but I’m pleasantly surprised by just how much I’ve enjoyed her. She’s probably my favorite out of everyone in the book.
Roundhouse is…well, it’s nice to have a super character who’s just EXCITED to be a super character, and overall he’s a very pleasant and positive person…I just wish every thing he said didn’t sound like an old person’s idea of what teenagers talk like.
As for Djinn, honestly I could really do without her. She doesn’t really feel like an actual character, but more like a prop or plot device. It doesn’t help that her backstory and “I can use magic to do anything except when I can’t” power set feel VERY derivative of Raven.

2 Likes

While I’m reading the series, I do find some enjoyment.

But I have no real enthusiasm for it. I have the last few months’ worth sitting in my reading pile (the big Deathstroke crossover) and I just can’t find the desire to delve in. Too many other great books to read first.

1 Like

Eh it’s fine as it is but personally perfumed the original line up with star fire, raven, beast boy, aqua lad, and kid flash but I guess this team is fine honestly it’s I’m more annoyed by the fact the last issue with that lineup ends with them saying despite there setbacks there staying together and there still the titans next issue it’s a new team

Eh it’s fine as it is but personally perfumed the original line up with star fire, raven, beast boy, aqua lad, and kid flash but I guess this team is fine honestly it’s I’m more annoyed by the fact the last issue with that lineup ends with them saying despite there setbacks there staying together and there still the titans next issue it’s a new team

I really enjoy the current run. As much as I love the old favorites, its kinda nice to have a run about characters that (besides Damian) haven’t existed until post flashpoint. I liked the Red Hood mentor stuff, even though it didn’t go anywhere. And I really enjoyed Slade’s death and thought it was the perfect end to his character, even if it’ll inevitably be undone unfortunately.

As for the characters themselves, I’m kinda mixed on them. Damian will always have a love/hate thing with me, but i kinda get it. Wallace is really growing on me even though many fans still hate it, I’ve enjoyed his development, Emiko…gets points for killing Slade. Crush is fine, I guess. Like Wallace is Wally 2.0, Roundhouse is a Beast Boy knock-off and that bugs me since Gar is a fave of mine so his knockoff rubs me wrong. Djinn kinda gets on my nerves, probably for the annoying love triangle with Crush/Damian and because she also kinda seems like she’s a little too obviously inspired by Raven with a bit of Starfire thrown in.

But overall its not bad. Its not one of my faves, but its probably the best attempt to give Damian a team