New Superman Creative Team Announced!

Interview with Phillip Kennedy Johnson. Very well spoken. I like what I’m hearing so far. Seems to have a lot of passion for the character. Let’s see where he take him!

5 Likes

I just hope his rogues gallery gets their day in the sun, so to speak. I don’t want to see another “big new cosmic villain” who gets all of the attention.

2 Likes

I hear you. Don’t know what to expect in that department, but from that interview, the approach seems to be shorter stories with an overarching, overall narrative. So maybe there’s room yet for the traditional villains in those stories. We’ll be finding out soon enough.

2 Likes

I haven’t read anything of his either (his The Last God for Black Label sounded intriguing and now it’s definitely moved up in my “to read” list), but I’m very intrigued from his interview. It legitimately sounds like he has some big, exciting things planned for the character. It’s giving me similar vibes to what Johnathan Hickman has been doing with the X-Men, which is a VERY good sign.

3 Likes

Loving this idea @OmniLad. Gerwig and her BF Noah Baumbach have written some of the most amazing dialogue and storylines over these past two decades since the 2000s and they could def bring a new substantive take on Clark and a number of the other characters in Supes’ universe. Would love to see her take on Ollie and Dinah’s relationship over in GA World as well .

2 Likes

I was so tempted to add Baumbach cause I’m obsessed with his dialogue, but i wanted to make sure I have more diverse perspectives considerations. Gerwig’s Little Women was what sold me on her

2 Likes