New releases questions?

Hi, I am just wondering if any knows if Shazam, or much more importantly Batman vs Ninja Turtles will be streaming on here? I saw that Constaine had a new movie in Walmart and was disappointed that it did not steam on here. Both movies listed are coming out in June (Shazam might be July).

2 Likes

Usually when they’re released on dvd or blue ray they come onto the service they did it with reign of the Superman and justice league vs the fatal 5

I think a lot of the big titles are tied up in licencing deals. That were made outside of this app. So it could be a while. Also if you see different companies like CW or Nickelodeon collaborations then chances are that it will take a while before DCU gets a turn with them. If Shazam is going to be here this summer then that’s cool but I think WB will put that on the new service they are launching before that happens.

Lots of folks here know more about this stuff than I do. For this app look for DCU exclusives that is the new content that you can count on. Also check out the comics section lots of good stuff. I hope this was helpful.

1 Like

It appears Warner Brothers has a deal with HBO.
Shazam will most likely be an HBO exclusive for at least a year. Then other services, including DCUniverse, can make bids on it.

No one is really certain about Batman vs. TMNT, because of it being a collaboration. However, the DVD comes out on June 6th, and if it follows the pattern of other animated films, it’ll be here then. But again, it may not, if being a Cartoon Network collaboration disallows DC Universe from playing it.

For Constantine, are you referring to City of Demons?
That was from CW Seed. I doubt we’ll see that here anytime soon.
According to Wikipedia, the two-part movie-edited version was added to CW Seed about four months ago.

Edit: That should be June 4th (not June 6th) for Batman/TMNT.

Oh, and since they’ve already announced what’s coming for June and July, it doesn’t appear that Batman/TMNT is coming to DC Universe.