New Poster for Stargirl, Releasing 8.10.21!

Awesome poster, can’t wait for season 2.

4 Likes

Any word if it’s gonna stream concurrently on HBOMAX when it’s broadcasting on CW?
(Probably not, but last year on DCU, that was awesome.)

5 Likes

Hmm, I’m not sure. I’ll pass this comment along to the admins to see if they know!

6 Likes

Has HBO Max streamed any shows concurrently w/ another channel? I don’t think I’ve seen it do that so far, so I figure it’ll be another wait after season 2 wraps up before the episodes go there. I suppose they could do something like where most of the Arrowverse shows go on Netflix only 10 days after the season finale. But if it’s gonna be about the same amount of time in between the season 1 finale and that season going on Max, season 2 might not be up there until late February

6 Likes

Can not wait until season 2. Season one was Soooo good

4 Likes

Much appreciated.

4 Likes

Last year we had two seasons of HQ and Stargirl season

I can see why they don’t possible revenue loss from CW. But I a TiVo person so I just fast forward through the damn commercials anyway.

4 Likes

They get the ad revenue whether you scroll through the ads or not :wink:

6 Likes

Cheatsheet (not exactly the go-to source for these things) states that it will air exclusively on The CW and will arrive on HBO Max at a later date.

I’ll confirm this with the team, but work under the assumption that this will be the case for now!

6 Likes

Huge understatement :stargirl:

5 Likes

Thanks. I figured CW only first, but one could live in hope.:wink:

5 Likes

Just confirmed that it will arrive exclusive to The CW!

6 Likes

I watched the first season Sunday nights on DC Universe, then caught it again Monday nights on the CW. Talk about two different experiences! DC Universe had extra scenes and ran straight through, while the CW had these awkward commercial breaks because the show wasn’t designed to have them.

Now that they’re on the CW exclusively, I can see the commercial breaks being less jarring and more organic.

5 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes