New Ongoing Series Batgirls Has Been Announced!

I really hope this leads CloonRad to eventually launching a new BoP book. It’s been too long since we’ve had a strong creative team on these ladies.

2 Likes

I would be very happy to see a new BoP book. They keep teasing it like in the Black Canary story Solo in Batman Urban Legends.

3 Likes

I’m determined to speak it into existence lol. I keep tagging DC on Twitter to show there’s demand for it.

3 Likes

Have you checked out Deathstroke Inc? It has a BoP vibe to it. I mean, it is Deathstroke and Black Canary, but that vibe is definitely there.

2 Likes

I haven’t, but I’ll give it a try when I get back to my LCS.

2 Likes

Batgirl!

3 Likes

First issue of the backups leading into the ongoing with the full writing and art team of the ongoing dropped in today’s Batman - anyone have a chance to pick it up yet?

2 Likes

I just started reading Batgirl: Year One a few days ago and am enjoying it, so I am definitely excited for this series. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My most anticipated book in a long time!

3 Likes

That’s really awesome to hear! Welcome back, and I’m glad you’re excited for this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A really wonderful miniseries, and probably my favorite Barbara Gordon Batgirl story of all time. Amazing art, and really good writing!

Me, too! Though Robins is up there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I haven’t been reading much do to life stuff in the past year but Fandome got me wanting to jump back into the swing of things asap.

1 Like

What are people thinking about the Batgirls backups in Batman 115-116 so far? I really enjoyed them, though I look forward to the chance for this team to tell their own story - the backups are so tightly tied to what’s happening in Batman and Nightwing that they don’t quite have a chance to breathe. But the voices and the art are so great!

3 Likes

My most fave BG storyline OAT. Sooo good! :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1:

s-l640

3 Likes

This one is on my to-read list and I’ve really gotta get around to it.

2 Likes

You really do! It is a great read.

@millernumber1, like you I have been enjoying the back-up but am really excited for the full series.

2 Likes

Woohoo! I’m extremely excited about the full series! I really want the three Batgirls to get a really great, landmark series that will catapult all three of them to the next level!

2 Likes

OK I am a bit sick of how you run Bruce’s through the mud. the man is emotionally constipated, but also generous and kind. He has had a lot of character development, as the man has been around for 82 years. He has come a long way from the pipe-smoking gun-toting vigilante detective by night playboy millionaire by day who drops criminals off buildings he was in detective comics vol 1 issue 27.

Bruce changed from the campy crime fighter he was from the 54-70 when batman was almost canceled back till Dennis O’Neil took him back to the darker broodier vigilante we know today.
His growth in recent years is trying to be happy and Batman and he has aged atleast two years and a few months. Damian was 12 when Rebirth started as of Robin vol 3 he is 14.

on other hand, Dick Grayson was created just so Bruce would have someone to talk to and had very little growth until he became Batman Lite aka Nightwing…in 1984. He was still basically Robin plus till he got his own title away from the teen titans in 1995.

DC actually tried Having Dick replace bruce as head of the batfamily, which lasted about a year, then they brought Bruce back to life.

Helena Wayne of earth-two said it best at her fathers funeral in Adventure Comics Vol 1 462 story: Only legends live forever:

On the other hand, i just read this:First Look: Talking Batgirls with Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad | DC and i am looking forward to Batgirls even more…I am also getting the feeling they will be working out of Bludhaven. I would love to see Bab’s move in with Dick and given Halley is seen in the promotional pictures, the clocktower being distorted in batman vol 3 116, the events of Nightwing vol 4 issue 85, and the emphasis on the book being about healthy relationships I feel maybe night oracle won’t be broken up again.

5 Likes

somewhat, he just had some happy moments with Jason in batman urban legend 6…and got drugged with a drug that makes people happy, he was happy again when he saw how happy Lady shiva was at the sight of her daughter Cassandra happy in BUL 3. he was happy when he showed Selina his new brownstone in batman vol 3, # 101 and happy when he was briefly reunited with Selina in Catwoman vol 5 # 34

When has he neglected domain? The first 10-20 years of the brat’s life (depending on the universe) bruce thought Talia had miscarried. when Damian first became robin it bruce dies a short time later, and it’s Dick who works with him as batman and robin. Bruce leaves Damian in the care of Alfred, when working with the titans he is under the care of Starfire or Nightwing. He makes as much time for his son as he can, however, his mother devoted almost all her time to him to throw a wrench into batman’s operations…batman still takes Damian in. there are exactly two universes that bruce neglects Damian 1: Nightmare Earth, 2: Injustice earth and only after Damian kills dick. Dick was neglectful in his duty as the eldest child and let him go off to an island that only special boats can get to participate in a death tournament. so ya Dick is to blame for the current estrangement of father and son.

actually given bruce did not become batman till age 26 in batman year one and year zero. assuming Damian was conceived when Talia was in Gotham during year zero that would make bruce 40 to 41 however he is likely more around 35. however he had a birthday in Detective Comics # 1000, and I believe Damian turned 13 around the same time. this makes bruce around 37. so he has aged two years.however, his birthday is in the winter so he is likely still 36. and it was not rebirth that took away 10 years it was flashpoint rebirth that added time back. Bruce is in his 40’s in a future state same with Selina. Metal actually just revived some fallen heroes.

No, he is not, batman hits his kids in the sparing ring to train them in martial arts. generally, when he starts hitting his kids, it’s when his kids have punched him first like in batman urban legends 2 or have crossed the line and started killing like in under the red hood. He is hard on his students but he is also fair. The language of combat has been around since no man’s land. does he sometimes get in a brawl with his sons yes. he holds back a lot when he does and they throw the first punch.

The future state is an alternate universe taking place years from the current cannon of fear state. it’s a possible future that will become its own universe if good wins. Also, 5G never went into effect. so only 2 years as gone by before rebirth became the Infinite frontier. so again batman is still just 36-37 years old. he was around 40-45 when the end of Flashpoint happened. the issue 0 books of the New 52 explain some of the timelines. however, Year zero established that Batman is again 25-26 when he becomes batman.

om bruce is a true altruist, that’s beyond the scope of normal people. provided you are not a Rogue(other than Catwoman) out committing a crime. the batman persona is not the real Bruce Wayne, Brucie Wayne the playboy is not the real Bruce Wayne, the real Bruce Wayne is the altruist, he gives everything he can to save his city, his few friends, his enemies, and his allies.

Nightwing is batman lite, Go read some batman/justice league books and compare them.

4 Likes

Friendly reminder to argue kindly :slight_smile:

8 Likes