New Joker Movie

What does everyone think of the new Joker movie trailer??

2 Likes

I must say that I am a HUGE Joker fan, and I loved Heath Ledger, so I am a little torn! It looks amazing though and I feel like Joaquin grasped the true creep The Joker really is. I am going to give it a chance!

2 Likes

I loved it. From what I saw, i feel like he captured Jokers personality very well.

1 Like

I absolutely loved it! DC should have been making movies like this from the start instead of trying to jump in on the shared universe trend. All of my favorite DC stories are singular, self contained stories like this with specific takes on characters (all star superman, arkham asylum, batman year 100 etc.)

1 Like

Dislike the retro clown vibe but at least it’s alot closer to the actual character than The Dark Knight Rises and Suicide Squad.

1 Like

I didn’t know I needed a Joker movie until I saw this trailer. Potential genius movie, hope it lives up to this peak.

1 Like

I’m not sold on it just yet. So far it reminds me of a really good 70s style suspense thriller, like “Taxi Driver”. I’m still waiting for more Joker and less creepy guy in clown makeup…It’s still really early tho :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is it bad that I thought the trailer was kinda boring? Hopefully, the next trailer will change my mind.

1 Like

I hope they don’t try to make him too sympathetic. I like the mystery/ambiguous origins surrounding Joker. If he becomes too grounded, I fear he’ll lose his Jokerishness and just be a killer clown.

Not sold on the trailer, and wasn’t really needing another Joker movie, he has probably been rebooted as often as Spiderman.

I absolutely love the trailer, I think the movie is going to be a big Oscar contender, Joaquin Phoenix is guaranteed a best actor nomination. I’m a big fan of filmmaker driven films, movies that stick to the directors vision. WB and DC are taking a big risk by letting Todd Phillips do something so bold and artistic with such a iconic character but I really think it’s going to pay off. It’s dark psychological character study set in Gotham. As a longtime film and DC Comics fan this is the type of movie I’ve been dying to see. I totally understand why some might be turned off by this movie(it’s not for everyone), I’m not going to try and convince anyone that wasn’t excited by the trailer but this has instantly become my most anticipated movie of the year.

1 Like

I dont know why everyone isn’t really interested in the movie. I thought the trailer was good and it gives the movie a dark kind of tone, as a joker movie should.

1 Like

I like the movie. But people are hating on it because they are thinking of this movie as a DC movie. This is Jaquoin Phoenix personal take of the Joker. So, think of this movie as a Warner Bros movie.

You can tell that the tone is going to be creepy. I feel an uncomfortable sensation will be throughout the film just from watching that 2 minute trailer.

Joaquin Phoenix is playing a better looking Jared Kushner.

2 Likes

People need to stop clinging onto Ledger as if he’s the greatest Joker of all time, which in my opinion, he isn’t. I still prefer Nicholson’s Joker. But Joaquin is going to nail this role! This is what he does best! He knows what kind of character Joker is and knows what kind of personality he needs to show. Joaquin is one of the greatest living actors of all time and I have doubt he’ll blow people expectations! As for, Todd Philips, I’m gonna put my faith and trust into him and give him the benefit of the doubt. He might not be the director that everyone had in mind, but I think he’ll surprise people! People need to remember that comedians tend to be the ones with a very dark personality and have a dark sense of humor that they keep inside. People are worried that Joaquin is gonna out-due Ledger, but if he were alive today he wouldn’t care and would 100% support Joaquin since they were friends! The trailer gave me chills, which most films have never done for me, but just from this trailer alone it did! I LOVED every second of it! It doesn’t even feel like a comic-book film, which is GREAT! It feels like a psychological horror from the 70’s or a Scorsese film, which many people have compared it to. It feels like you’re watching a broken man become what a broken city wanted him to be, and Gotham is going to get what it deserves. It gives you such an unsettling feeling from the atmosphere, to the music down to Joaquin very creepy and nerve wracking “What?” When those punks took Arthur’s sign and hit him with it I felt upset and sad for him, which is crazy. To have a trailer where you have someone feel empathy towards a sociopath you can call that a success, if that’s what the director was aiming for. I love everything about this so far! I CANNOT WAIT to see this! I know this is way too early, but I’m calling this film an Oscar contender! If everything goes well and it gets praise from both critics and audience I can see this getting nominated for some big awards! I would love this see this film be the one that gives Joaquin his Oscar that he should’ve gotten already!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see it. It may go hand in hand with Caesar Romero’s role and Heath Ledgers role

To be honest, I probably wasn’t going to go see this one anyway, and the trailer sort of confirms my feelings. However Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor and the script gives Robert De Niro anything to work with; he will be phenomenal. The movies budget is reportedly quite small; so it should be a profitable product for WB/DC.

I loved the trailer. Idk but I like the part where he’s running through the tunnel with the bag (after subway part) and there’s that music. Idk I just like it ha