New H-Man series on Netflix

So this technically is a DC property, since DC Comics published Masters of the Universe. Wonder if DC will be involved in any way? Will Netflix’s She-Ra be involved?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kevin-smith-unveils-plans-masters-214549147.html

2 Likes

H-Man? :thinking: Gah, I meant He-Man!

1 Like

DC are producing the next Masters Of The Universe Comic in November, too.

the current She-Ra is excellent still need to see the latest drop this month

1 Like

Mattel owns MOTU, but it does indeed have a history with DC in comics and merchandising.

I’m excited for this show, especially since Kevin Smith is involved.

3 Likes

I have great hopes for this. Kevin is passionate about what he does, the animation studio looks like they know their stuff, and Eric when he worked at Supergirl knew a lot about the core material and I have hopes he will either know it or do his homework here too.

Continuing the 80s property makes me even happier. There’s a timeless charm in it.

As for the worries some are having I think all are baseless.

Teela is a badass character and could definitely drive the arc as a main protagonist. Teela being the hero while looking for the sword has been done in the comics and it might be the best MOTU story ever told.

This is not going to be anything like the other reboots if they didn’t float your boat. The other reboots wanted to appeal to a younger audience. This property went to the old fanbase first and is being built with fans in mind and in the writers room.

And that teaser image… yes!

2 Likes

In regards to the OPs question I don’t see there being any chance of a Netflix She-Ra crossover. While the writing of new She-Ra is enjoyable, it is too far from the 80s property to mix.

The 80s version was a celebration to fitness and muscles, the overly masculine and overly feminine (with notable exceptions). Artistically the New She-Ra drawing style would stick out like a sore thumb.

On top of that there is the legal. She-Ra is licensed to Dreamworks, while He-Man will be developed under Mattels own brand.

I could be wrong. I would have preffered a shared universe, but I think that ship sailed when Dreamworks got She-Ra.

1 Like

AntLeon

Is She-Ra like the original or did they modernize to where it’s too much. If it’s

like original I’ll watch it tonight. U like it & you’re a member of this site so I know

u have good taste in comics, maybe I’ll just try it out but please respond if u see this

& don’t mind. I’m curious which kind of direction they went with it.

Unlike the upcoming Thundercats series I have home for the new MOTU series since it will be done by the folks who did Castlevania.

Expect some good action and a minimal agenda-driven presence.

Unlike the upcoming Thundercats series I have home for the new MOTU series since it will be done by the folks who did Castlevania.

Expect some good action and a minimal agenda-driven presence.

@djd187.81432 a thousand apologies. I wish i had seen your post sooner.

They did modernize it somewhat with respect to the art. I really liked the setup in the first couple of episodes.

Also in this modern wold of ours, there is more representation. i had read that She-Ra and a female friend will slow burn into something more than just friends. Another character has two dads, but that reveal is in s2.

Overall, i like it. I still have to get into the latest set of episodes that dropped in the beginning of August. the story telling is tight as well as character development. And i am referring to both the good guys and the bad guys. I didn’t watch the original, so i have no frame of reference. I look forward to your thoughts.

bump.