New Gods and The Trench Movies Update

A Trench movie sounded like a good lower budget film, straight to streaming.

2 Likes

Low budget, high return

1 Like

You are right about the Theater vs Streaming. The suits for the Trench were already made for Aquaman. Ambush Bug could do a MST3K style riffing on the film on the DVD.

3 Likes

Oh man, I would literally throw money at somebody for that.

Ambush bug riffing through the DCU would be amazing.

2 Likes

What?

Most likely requiring a reboot

1 Like

Not sure what you meant

You saying that The Trench aren’t good characters?

What if the movie went the horror route with them?

Make more Bat villain solo films on Joker like budget. A Penguin crime epic, Man-Bat horror film, The Ventriloquist, Mr. Freeze, Bane (would be awesome), and have Batman show in a limited role. Release it on HBO Max like Into the Dark on Hulu. One per month.

1 Like

I am disappointed about New Gods falling through. I was really looking forward to it, particularly given Ava Duvernay’s involvement.

2 Likes

So who wants to make betting chances for what dc films are most likely to happen?

I’m going to be completly honest, I thought that New Gods would bomb. I never got why DC thought that giving New Gods to Ava right after A Wrinkle in Time lost Disney over 100 million to be a good idea.

Didn’t follow the book?

I’m bummed, since Tom King seems like the perfect person to be writing DC’s films, but the Trench just always struck me as a negotiation tactic to get everyone back for Aquaman 2 (or maybe a fallback substitution for an Aquaman sequel if they couldn’t come to terms)

2 Likes

I thought most would have seen an Aquaman sequel regardless

1 Like

Honestly I am incredibly tired of the Snyder fans.

1 Like

I would want to see Jack Kirby’s work done Justice. New Gods would need to be a serial than a 1 shot movie. There are too many back stories that would be watered down. Darkseid back story: how he was traded as a baby, Mr. Miracle and Barda’s relationship: How they escaped and developed a love story ETC

1 Like

I thought it was Orion that was traded as a baby

I think you’re right about that. I was looking forward to the movie, but I think a series on HBO Max might be a better way to go. There’s just too much to the New Gods saga to fit in one movie.

Maybe, but they could have just had it changed to a mini-series instead of canning it

1 Like